Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   My New Boat is here...5 Questions for OSO!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/122210-my-new-boat-here-5-questions-oso.html)

Brad Zastrow 02-09-2006 08:21 PM

Re: My New Boat is here...5 Questions for OSO!!!

Last I talked to Sy they don't write cats.

dean51267 02-09-2006 08:26 PM

cool looking boat, I can't answer a single one of your questions, but it is a cool looking boat....

KNOT-RIGHT 02-09-2006 08:33 PM

Congrats man! That looks like a blast to run.

You have got some good tips. I see your in CT.
Dont know what your plans are for the 4th July
But, If ya wanna make the run to BLock Island
Will have quite a raft up this year in New Harbor.
Hope ya can make it!

Gerry

gotime34 02-09-2006 08:36 PM

Thanks a lot for the answers, Please keep 'em coming. And thanks for the compliments. Brad you certainly have some serious knowlege about those trannies, and I'm glad you told me that because those are the kind of things (ie alignment being perfect) that I never would have known. Yeah I have no idea on the Horsepower, but I'll find out soon enough. Marine performance in Florida went through the boat and adjusted the carbs, changed some solenoids and hoses, etc. They said they ran good but didn't actually run the boat in the water so who knows. I might have them rebuilt just to be safe and know how much HP I'm Making.

Brad Zastrow 02-09-2006 08:57 PM

I am sure they are aligned now or they would have blown. Just warning you to realign after rebuilding the engines. One thing I have learned about big blower motors is they like lots of fuel to live. Big fuel pumps, big carbs, big fuel lines and even return lines instead of dead heading like most do. High octane fuel is critical. Make sure the innercooler is working at all times and not plugged up with weeds or silt. Any one of those things can cause detonation.

Ron P 02-09-2006 09:02 PM

I had those two speed B&Ms, one word of advice. DON"T USE 1st. Just leave them in second gear and all will be well. Use 1st and you might never get into second again.

CALL SY GOLDBERG about insurance. If he can't help, he'll send you to someone that can.

Nice boat, enjoy it.

johnnyboatman 02-09-2006 09:38 PM

looks cool, ive got a 31 warlock cat, my first cat also. once you go cat you wont go back{ unless the insurance man make us :p } do some slow speed turns before you get out there and fly handles a little diff at slow speed :(my motors have 871s , innercoolers, dual dominators making close to 900hp :evilb: . those are alot hotter than 575 :D

DanB 02-10-2006 06:07 AM

No one named Bruce Jennings ever owned Warlock. 1994 was prior to the present owner of Warlock (Carter Reed)buying them out.
Tom Solarz was the owner of Warlock then and now runs his business as WPM in Corona Ca. Call them and they should have info on the boat. Talk to Tommy (the son)

CAP071 02-10-2006 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by gotime34
Forgot a Major Question.

1) Insurance :eek: :eek: :D I know it is going to be high compared to my V, but where can I get insurance for this boat??

I usually do that before I buy a boat. That's why I don't own a cat now :drink:

birdog 02-10-2006 06:59 AM

Those are SSM Vs......& alot more than 575s ! :D