Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Poker Run Organizer's Annual Safety Summit (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/122237-poker-run-organizers-annual-safety-summit.html)

SHARKEY-IMAGES 02-10-2006 06:48 AM

Poker Run Organizer's Annual Safety Summit

APRA Poker Run Safety Summit

Friday, February 17, 2006

You can make a difference in the future of Poker Run events!

As a Poker Run organizer your events have contributed directly to the enormous growth of the sport. We cordially invite you to attend the annual APRA (American Poker Runs Association) Safety Summit, at the Miami Beach Convention Center, during the Miami Boat Show, Friday, February 17, 2006, at 8:00 a.m. Hall “B” Room B-121 facing Washington Street
Continental breakfast will be served, followed by the Safety Summit at 8:30 a.m.

In order to protect the continuing growth of the sport the APRA was formed with the support of the boat manufacturers, dealers, and poker run organizers, with a mandate to promote a standard guideline for safety rules and procedures that would be appropriate to the needs of both participants and organizers of performance boating poker run events.

If this council is to achieve its goals, it is essential that we count on the expertise and input of people such as yourself.

It is URGENT at this time that you attend the annual APRA Safety Summit, as there is a movement in the field that could impose excessive and negative restrictions on performance boat poker runs, and event organizers, which could cripple the sport through excessive regulation and prohibitive operational costs for you.

For more than 19 years, the APRA and other organizers have had in place rules and safety procedures for poker run events. These rules have been reviewed annually by recognized experts in the field.

To remain current with trends in the performance boat industry, and incorporate positive operational procedures into future poker run events, we invite you to share your expertise with us.

Major boat builders, suppliers, insurance companies, dealers, and poker run organizers will be on hand to work with you, the independent organizers.

Join us for this very important forum. Please confirm your attendance by calling 800-354-9145 or by e-mail [email protected]

Sincerely,
William Taylor
President

SHARKEY-IMAGES 02-11-2006 09:29 AM

Re: Poker Run Organizer's Annual Safety Summit

Back on top for this important issue... ;)

mama tryed 02-11-2006 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by sharkeymarine
Back on top for this important issue... ;)

I'll be there,,I'm looking forward to hearing everyone. The 8.00am deal is going to be tuff though!! :D :drink: :D :drink:

bojoe2 02-11-2006 02:43 PM

I will be there 8am no prob :drink: :drink:

SHARKEY-IMAGES 02-11-2006 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by mama tryed
I'll be there,,I'm looking forward to hearing everyone. The 8.00am deal is going to be tuff though!! :D :drink: :D :drink:

You probably won't be getting in till 5:30am, so just stay awake and drink lots of coffee! :drink:

SHARKEY-IMAGES 02-13-2006 06:23 AM

DollaBill 02-13-2006 06:47 AM

See you guys there. Just talked to the Taylors and it looks like lots of people are scheduled to show.

RHC 02-13-2006 10:02 AM

Let me get this straight ,,, is this meeting being held in conjunction with the one Ron P wants to have ??

RHC

SHARKEY-IMAGES 02-13-2006 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by RHC
Let me get this straight ,,, is this meeting being held in conjunction with the one Ron P wants to have ??

RHC

Absolutely not! Ron P has nothing to do with this meeting.

This meeting is the Annual APRA (American Poker Runs Association) Safety Summit, at the Miami Beach Convention Center, during the Miami Boat Show.
Major boat builders, suppliers, insurance companies, dealers, and poker run organizers will be on hand.

mama tryed 02-13-2006 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by sharkeymarine
You probably won't be getting in till 5:30am, so just stay awake and drink lots of coffee! :drink:

LOL!! maybe I'll sneak a few of Mama's diet pills for the wake up phone call.