Notices
View Poll Results: What will Mercury debute at the Miami Show?
New Outdrive
56.06%
New mega HP Outboard Engine
21.21%
New I/O engine package
28.79%
Bringing back the paddlewheel
7.58%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Mercury Racing in Miami

Old 02-11-2006, 09:53 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Mercury Racing in Miami

Originally Posted by outdrive man
i got an inside source, they say that a new sterndrive engine will be released at the miami show......
the new 3.0 litre, 140hp multiport efi four cylinder!!!
LOL !!!! I guess we will see next week.
Old 02-12-2006, 01:00 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Who cares what Merc introduces? Probably 5% of the people on this website can afford their higher end expensive products anyway
Old 02-12-2006, 05:20 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

I'm sure there is a lot more than 5 % of the people on this board with Merc Products. At least 6 %

Last edited by Superbabi; 02-12-2006 at 05:32 AM.
Old 02-12-2006, 06:00 AM
Registered

I think they will come out with a 300hp outboard, and maybe a high output 4 cly verado.
Old 02-12-2006, 08:41 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Well....First...THANK YOU to the guys that give us "Insider Info" ! It is great to read !
I think what RHC is refering to is the guys that come on & post "I Know Something You Dont Know" & nothing else.It's kind of Grade school. If you know somthing spill it if you can. If you cant, I respect that,just say nothing.
Old 02-12-2006, 09:11 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Little Tommy
Here is the details on the engine : it is a basic 600 hopped-up . It has more cam shaft, bigger inner cooler, inclosed cooling and aluminum edelbrock heads. On Mercurys dino, they made power that was so close to the 850"s that they had to de-tune somewhat. There will be an MTI Cat with a pair of the new 700 sci"s and drives in the water and also at the Mercury booth on display and possibly 1 V-Bottom if it was rigged in enough time. This is from the horses mouth>>>>>>>>>>>>LT
So LT whats it going to take to make my 600 sci a 700 sci ???
Old 02-12-2006, 09:14 AM
RHC
Registered

Well said Bird Dog!! I agree,, I was not trying to start chit ,,, I thought that I said up front that I was not picking on anyone!!! So ,,, nuff said ,,, I look forward to seein the new system! The only question I have ,,,, Is there a new drive to go with the trans and higher hp engine??

RHC
Old 02-12-2006, 11:10 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

O.k. Here Are Some More Product Refinements That You Will Be Seeing From Mercury At The Show If Not Soon After.
1.) The Verado Line Will Add A Few Naturally Aspirated Models To Fill The 60 To 135 Horsepower Void That They Currently Have On The Four-stroke Side.
2.) I Don't See Mercury Racing Releasing And More Variations On The Optimax Platform They Are Really Promoting The Four Stroke Lines. What is rumored Is, If Not This Year, By Next Year There Will Be A Racing Version Of The Verado Rated At Anywhere From 300 To 400 Horsepower. This Engine Is Well Capable Of 500 Plus But Due To rumored Durability Reasons They Didn`t Go That High From The Start.
3.) The New Stainless They Are Using For The Propellers Will Be Introduced/ Promoted With The First Prop Being The New Vensura, Or At Least That Is What I Believe The Name To Be.

Now Thats All I`ve Got For Now And This Is All Second Hand But I Trust The Mercury Employee That hinted to Me. He Didn`t Mention Anything About The Race Sterndrive Product Line. Take That As You Will. But I Was Told Last Year That They Were Comfortable With Releasing Three Engines In One Year And They Felt The Lineup Was Complete. As For A New Drive System My Opinion Is That It Would Be A Smart Move But Like I Said I Haven`t Heard Anything. The System Described Here Sounds Allot Like The Trs. It Proves, Even If It Is A Rumor, That The Trs Is Though To Be More Durable Among Boaters. My Two Cents.

Last edited by outdrive man; 02-12-2006 at 02:43 PM.
Old 02-12-2006, 11:27 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by outdrive man
As For A New Drive System My Opinion Is That It Would Be A Smart Move But Like I Said I Haven`t Heard Anything. The System Described Here Sounds Allot Like The Trs. It Proves, Even If It Is A Rumor, That The Trs Is Though To Be More Durable Among Boaters. My Two Cents.
I've heard that Konrad is coming out with a box mounted trans setup for their drive that will bolt in place of the Bravo setup and maintains a setback similar to the ITS system. This could be what several members are referring to. Konrad also has several new boat Mfrs with their setup installed...Eliminator and Velocity should have boats on display with the Konrad drives.
Old 02-12-2006, 12:42 PM
Registered

Outdrive Man,
I think you might be wrong about not introducing another Optimax. There has been alot of rumors about a 300XS Optimax(2.5L) to replace the 300X Promax (3.0L) that Mercury is no longer manufacturing. The Verados are the future but Merc has to have something until they get the weight down and more reliability. Right now the Verados are to big and heavy for most bass boats, unlike the Optimaxs.

I guess we'll find out this week.

Quick Reply: Mercury Racing in Miami

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.