Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Bought a new (to me) boat (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/122404-bought-new-me-boat.html)

Superbabi 02-12-2006 07:24 PM

Re: Bought a new (to me) boat

Lance good luck with your new ride, we spoke last year about the Y2K. Enjoy...................Gary

HiPerf2000 02-12-2006 07:26 PM

Is that a 525sc flame arrestor??

dont see no blower ?

drypipetiger 02-12-2006 07:35 PM

Absolutely beautiful boat!! :cool: :cool:

Congrats...

Shore Thing 02-12-2006 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by HiPerf2000
Is that a 525sc flame arrestor??

dont see no blower ?

yeah its the wrong flame arrestor. Don't know why that was on there, but thats an old pic that was sent to me when i was shopping. You don't see it now, because it has the mercruiser 454 black plastic cover on it.

No blower on there. At least not yet.

Steve_H 02-12-2006 07:59 PM

man it does look new :cool:
congrats century29!

Shore Thing 02-12-2006 08:05 PM

Now I just need to come up with a name. My girlfriend and I came up with a few names today but nothing that seems just right yet.

Liquid Force (I used to wakeboard a lot and used this brands boards)
Irresistable Force (A song from a band I really like)
Sin City
C-Word (not really in the running, but we saw it on a boat on TV last night and it cracked us up)

ahhh, this is the worst part of buying a boat.

cuda 02-12-2006 08:10 PM

What model is it? I really like that boat.

drypipetiger 02-12-2006 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by century29
Now I just need to come up with a name. My girlfriend and I came up with a few names today but nothing that seems just right yet.

Liquid Force (I used to wakeboard a lot and used this brands boards)
Irresistable Force (A song from a band I really like)
Sin City
C-Word (not really in the running, but we saw it on a boat on TV last night and it cracked us up)

ahhh, this is the worst part of buying a boat.

Give us a little info about you, work, kid?s maybe you'll get some good suggestions.

Shore Thing 02-12-2006 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by cuda
What model is it? I really like that boat.

Its a 26' Thoroughbred Velocity. Same hull as the newer 280's, but without the fiberglass platform. I believe they started calling it the 280 in 1996.

Shore Thing 02-12-2006 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by drypipetiger
Give us a little info about you, work, kid?s maybe you'll get some good suggestions.

Lets see...

I'm 27, no kids.

My girlfriend and I have been together for 5 years.
(I suggested the name "a diamond is forever..." to her, and she laughed and then said NO WAY. I kind of like it though :D )

I'm a logistics consultant for a company that deals mostly in Department of Defense contracting.

My hobbies are drinking and boating. so not much help there. Although, I don't want an alcohol reference on the boat to draw any unnecessary attention.