If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
    OSO Content Provider Commercial Member SHARKEY-IMAGES's Avatar

Angry Trojan Warning!!! Please Read!!!

I just received this and I'm not sure how old or new it may be, but I figured it would hurt to pass it along! Keep an eye out for it!!

USE EXTREME CAUTION. (Do not just delete)

Emails with pictures of Osama Bin-Laden hanged are being sent and the moment that you open these emails your computer will crash and you will not be able to fix it!

This e-mail is being distributed through countries around the globe, but mainly in the US and Israel.

Don't be inconsiderate; send this warning to whomever you know.

If you get an email along the lines of "Osama bin Laden Captured" or "Osama Hanged" don't open the attachment.

Confirmed at:

Origins: There are few headlines that would grab the attention of more computer users around the world than "Osama bin Laden Captured," and that's exactly what whoever created this lure was counting on to snare unsuspecting victims who use Microsoft platforms.

"Osama bin Laden Captured" isn't a virus in itself; it's the text of a message that includes a link to a file called EXPLOIT.EXE. When a message recipient clicks on this link to view what he thinks are pictures of Osama bin Laden's capture, he can end up downloading an executable Trojan known as Backdoor-AZU, BKDR_LARSLP.A, Download.Trojan, TrojanProxy.Win32.Small.b,or Win32.Slarp. Clicking the embedded link in the "Osama bin Laden Captured" message auto-executes a file called "EXPLOIT.EXE," which exploits a known security hole to download the Trojan. According to McAfee Security:

The Trojan opens a random port on the victim's machine. It sends the Port information to a webpage at IP address The Trojan listens on the open port for instructions and redirects traffic to other IP addresses. Spammers and hackers can take advantage of compromised systems by using the infected computer as a middleman, allowing them to pass information through it and remain anonymous

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !

JC Performance Engines Gold Member Stormrider's Avatar
    My Boats:
    2003 28 Pantera
    Long Island, NY

Re: Trojan Warning!!! Please Read!!!

With great power, comes great responsibility.

My Boats:
    Fast Cats
    Edwardsville, IL

Thanks for posting! I don't open unless I know the sender. However, still good to pass on.

Charter Member #319 Charter Member
    Pennsville NJ.

If only this was true Osama Bin-Laden hanged
    “He who is unaware of his ignorance will be only misled by his knowledge.”

My Boats:
    Donzi Criterion
    Jacksonville, FL

Here's a link with some additional details. This is an older one, so if you've been keeping up your virus definition files, it cant hurt you.