Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Throwing money around like its water! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/122457-throwing-money-around-like-its-water.html)

Breathe Later 02-14-2006 07:40 PM

Re: Throwing money around like its water!

It's a double edged sword: we wouldn't have any of this high end stuff like Speed Racer, Lick This, Strip Poker, et al. without these high rollers. The magazines wouldn't be as interesting, poker runs wouldn't either. The saying "Man's reach should exceed his grasp, or what's a Heaven for?" holds true more than ever with our passion.

BADA BING 02-14-2006 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by Breathe Later
It's a double edged sword: we wouldn't have any of this high end stuff like Speed Racer, Lick This, Strip Poker, et al. without these high rollers. The magazines wouldn't be as interesting, poker runs wouldn't either. The saying "Man's reach should exceed his grasp, or what's a Heaven for?" holds true more than ever with our passion.

WELL SAID :cool:

Hell if I had it to do with, I would have it, and not even think twice about getting it...lets face it, we're all here for a good time, not a long time...so I say enjoy it if you got it :drink:

pm203 02-14-2006 07:50 PM

Don,t forget,.... alot of these boats are really not pleasureable to drive all the time.They are alot harder to drive and use than say a 38 Topgun, and probably alot more uncomfortable as well. And, after all the hype of building lets say a Speed Racer, the actual ride(after the intial thrill is gone) isn,t worth a million bucks.

P.S. While Speed Racer and Lick This type of boats might be the ultimate poker run boats, I bet they make $hitty pleasure boat just to cruise around in.

Spine Tingler 02-14-2006 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by pm203

P.S. While Speed Racer and Lick This type of boats might be the ultimate poker run boats, I bet they make $hitty pleasure boat just to cruise around in.

I beg to differ! After riding in a 39MTI cat I was hooked because it was so fun and my wife and I actually could hear each other at 120 plus. The wind wasn't overbearing and the passengers ride is much better than I've ever had in any other boat including Fountain, Baja, Formula, Apache, or any other. Not saying anything bad about anyones brand because I love all boats but I think that if you've never had the experience you owe it to yourself to take a ride. I liked it so much I ordered a 44MTI.

CAP071 02-14-2006 09:01 PM

Ok so who wants to take me for a ride so I can see if he is telling the truth ? :D :drink:

cuda 02-14-2006 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by KLAATU
Cuda's jealous!!! :eek: ya' scare me sometimes . :drink:

Jealous of the dog maybe.

Cash Bar 02-14-2006 10:46 PM

I calculate wealth in three distinct categories....lots of people here fit right in. :rolleyes:

4-5 Million... I call "F'me" Money- It means I have enough that I believe I can get any woman I want to "F' Me".

15-20 Million.. I call " F' You" money- It means I can get any woman I want to do that, while telling her boyfriend to his face " F' You".

100 Million+.. I call "F' Everyone" money- It means I can do WHATEVER I want to and get away with to tell evryone to "F' Off".........

To each his own, and I continue my quest to climb that ladder to live and prove my points.......

Do the same, live and spend exactly as YOU want too. Don't listen to what others say about it.

BigDadys93x 02-15-2006 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by CASH BAR
I calculate wealth in three distinct categories....lots of people here fit right in. :rolleyes:

4-5 Million... I call "F'me" Money- It means I have enough that I believe I can get any woman I want to "F' Me".

15-20 Million.. I call " F' You" money- It means I can get any woman I want to do that, while telling her boyfriend to his face " F' You".

100 Million+.. I call "F' Everyone" money- It means I can do WHATEVER I want to and get away with to tell evryone to "F' Off".........

To each his own, and I continue my quest to climb that ladder to live and prove my points.......

Do the same, live and spend exactly as YOU want too. Don't listen to what others say about it.

I Like that!!

I guess all in all its a good thing to have so many wealthy people around to piss money away! I just wish that instead of putting it into a losing investment like an overpriced boat they would contribute to the " Bigdady needs to repower his boat fund" (donations will be taken here anytime and can be used as a tax write off)

Panther 02-15-2006 08:14 AM

Ok, ok, maybe it's not the amount of $$ that is spent on these high dollar items, maybe they're just overpriced to begin with and that's why they are sold at such a huge loss. :rolleyes:

ospreyproduction 02-15-2006 09:37 AM

LMAO...LMAO....I think it sounds more like buyers remorse.

Or...what the hell have I done!!