Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   The DUMB things people say to you at the boat ramp!!!!!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/122500-dumb-things-people-say-you-boat-ramp.html)

Shore Thing 02-14-2006 09:01 AM

Re: The DUMB things people say to you at the boat ramp!!!!!!!

How fast does it go?
and
Why does it have to be so loud?

pachangalpina 02-14-2006 09:01 AM

Mind if my kid looks around in the cabin?

Dirty hands and muddy feet because they have been playing around the ramp.

I spent the weekend cleaning the boat behind the shop when one of my employees drove up to dump his truck load of garbage in the dumpsters (why?), and wanted his son to see inside. I was backed to the loading dock and the platform is at dock height. I told him to look off the dock and he could see in or take his shoes off before he came in. I also had a ladder so he could look in from the side. His dad could not understand why his kid needed to take his shoes off and did not want him to get his feet dirty in the parking lot. Hmm? Clean interior, filthy sneakers, climbing across upholstery. The next week he was explaining to another employee how much of an a$$ I was when he was reminded how the guys had to take their shoes off when they went into his new TV room.

Tantrum 02-14-2006 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by stecz20
here is one i usually get...." your friends are not wrapped too tight are they"???

:drink: :drink:
Yep Ive heard people talking

birdog 02-14-2006 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by salesmanship
How fast is it? And when you tell them they usually go.. Oh, that's all?Thought it'd be faster.
So now I just make up some outrageous speed.

Yep...They always seem so disapointed with 80 something.. :D ...192mph..They seem to like that number :D

Anarchy Powerboats 02-14-2006 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by stecz20
here is one i usually get...." your friends are not wrapped too tight are they"???

:D

nauti-buoy 02-14-2006 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by Edward R. Cozzi
Since that encounter I have thought of many things I could have said, but I was so unprepared for such an ignorant statement I just looked at her with my best "Are you kidding?" look.

that probably was just as good. I still can't beleive that someone would have done that. But you did say it was a woman :rolleyes:

Wally 02-14-2006 09:10 AM

hehe.....first couple times when i told people the boat did 70 they were like "thats it?" well after that the numbers started climbing....before i sold the boat she was doing 130mph! :D

I had one guy down in Florida on alligator alley at a gas station come up to me and start talking......next thing ya know his cousins best friends step sisters brother has a twin turbo AND supercharged bigblock jet boat! :eek: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ....said it did 90mph!!! oooooooooooooh :rolleyes: the stupidity that comes out of peoples mouths is amusing to say the least! :D

Anarchy Powerboats 02-14-2006 09:13 AM

The one that peevs me off the most is "what do you do for a living" seriously, first words out of their mouths not even a "hi" . The real question they want to ask is how can a tattooed mid thirties metalhead float this? I never reply usually but if I do I tell em I'm an international arms dealer or I am a drug runner just to F with them.

sakoutis3 02-14-2006 09:45 AM

What do you do to be able to afford something like that.
Why do you need a boat like that. You can't even sleep on it.
Little do they know the cabin is nicer than most peoles living rooms.

Steamin Rice 02-14-2006 10:20 AM

How fast does it go?

How much gas does it hold?

Where do you take this thing??

How much does that cost??