Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   The DUMB things people say to you at the boat ramp!!!!!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/122500-dumb-things-people-say-you-boat-ramp.html)

375stinger 02-14-2006 03:20 PM

Re: The DUMB things people say to you at the boat ramp!!!!!!!

hehe, " that thing only got seating for 5?"
"how many miles per gallon?" :drink:
at the gas station fillin up:
"where do you trailer that boat from?" :D

ktron 02-14-2006 03:37 PM

I was at a gas station with our 38 TG TS on the trailer filling up the truck and I look over at a guy with a tape measure trying to measure the boats length and I say to the guy "What the hell are you doing?"

The guy replies " this thangs got to be 25... feet long!!!"

He then proceeded to explain to me that he had a 20' boat and my boat had to be bigger than that.

Son of a Gun 02-14-2006 03:48 PM

I goda buddy witha allison, itle fly (my good friend has an Allison bass boat that will go quite fast)
Yep, heard one like that too. Some guy was tryin to tell us how fast his bass boat was...you know, the kind that are 1' about the water line. But he did smarten up and say that our TG could probably handle bigger water than he could, lol.

Sydwayz 02-14-2006 03:49 PM

"How do you afford those 32 hot chics that are up there waxing it for you?" :D :D

velocitypwrbtr 02-14-2006 03:54 PM

You gotta love this one. Hey dad.....The speedometer says it goes a 100.

DMAX 02-14-2006 03:57 PM

Is that onea them cigarette type boats. Hey leave some gas for the rest of us.

TeamSaris 02-14-2006 04:07 PM

I hATE it when people call them Cigarette boats or racing boats.IT IS A CIGARETTE or a RACE BOAT!!!!!!! Or when you got a speedo that says 120 and kids think the boat will go 120. Or when you have an old schoo, one that says 2,3,4,7,9,10. And the kids think it only goes 12. I am a kid but a smart one (in boats anyway :eek: :D )

maximus79 02-14-2006 04:13 PM

We snapped a propshaft on our left Bravo 1 during a poker run 2 years ago and hobbled back to the launch ramp. Once the boat was on the trailer at the start of the ramp, with CLEARLY no prop and shaft visible on the left side, someone watching said "Why aren't you guys running?"

sleeper_dave 02-14-2006 04:59 PM

Dumbest thing i ever heard at a dock ramp was when one of my friends was helping someone unload their little sea-ray - like a 19 footer:

"go ahead and unhook the winch and the safety line, then i'll back it into the water"

"you sure about that?"

"that's how i always do it, it'll be fine"

Followed shortly by the most entertaining thing i've seen at the launch ramp... CRUNCH... with the stern a good 10 feet from the water line. We had him back the trailer up into the boat and push it into the water. He probably left 5 pounds of fiberglass on the launch ramp. he still went for a ride.

I'm guilty about lying about the speed too. But my boat only does 60ish, so i tell them 75, 80.

dreamer 02-14-2006 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by thedonz
HOW MUCH WOULD YOU CHARGE ME TO USE IT TO GO TO CUBA TO BRING BACK SOME RELATIVES? :rolleyes:

8-10k per head