Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   The DUMB things people say to you at the boat ramp!!!!!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/122500-dumb-things-people-say-you-boat-ramp.html)

raceboat rus 02-19-2006 10:59 AM

Re: The DUMB things people say to you at the boat ramp!!!!!!!

People see my boat and ask me if I go fishing, when I tell them that I do not go fishing. he asked why not ......? I always respond as long as restaurants have fish , I have no need to go fishing.......... I wish there was a Red Lobster on the water somewhere.....

raceboat rus 02-19-2006 11:00 AM

People see my boat and ask me if I go fishing, when I tell them that I do not go fishing. he asked why not ......? I always respond as long as restaurants have fish , I have no need to go fishing.......... I wish there was a Red Lobster on the water somewhere.....

pkspx 02-19-2006 12:06 PM

I normally get the retarted people that walk up to me and go, My buddy has one of those. Seems like everyone has a buddy with a Power Quest 270 Laser with a custom built 514HP Gellner Engineering built boat. :rollseyes:

CAP071 02-19-2006 12:08 PM

I bet you spend at least $50 on gas every time you go out :evilb: :D :drink: :rolleyes:

Son of a Gun 02-19-2006 12:08 PM

Or they usually say their friend has a boat like that one, but in some way it's better than the one you own...

bobonthis 02-19-2006 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by sono***un
Or they usually say their friend has a boat like that one, but in some way it's better than the one you own...

Yes, the old one upper guy :D or tells you how he could have one, why he is sitting in his bayliner but he just doesn't like paying for the gas or the noise. :D

RollWithIt 02-19-2006 12:22 PM

I own the launch ramp.. :D So Im usually the one telling people how to launch and retrieve their boats properly and with coutesey to other boaters. :D

But I have seen some entertaining shows. The most common are the "forgot the drainplug" or the "forgot the drive was still down" as the skeg gets ground off..

Comanche3Six 02-19-2006 01:36 PM

Turn that off, I don't like the noise!

US1 Fountain 02-19-2006 01:55 PM

No ramp comments, but last yr while hanging with a bud in his triple 42' Fountain looking at his drives in the trailer position, a not so informed boater asked how many motors it has. hehe
Other than that, we only have smart people here in IN. :D

TeamSaris 02-19-2006 04:38 PM

I always chuckle when people look at the drives and think they are looking at the motors.