Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   New 700SCi and New Merc Drive!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/122605-new-700sci-new-merc-drive.html)

outdrive man 03-20-2006 03:19 PM

Re: New 700SCi and New Merc Drive!!!

Originally Posted by Marginmn
So what's the deal - will the Ace drive not bolt up to other engines like the President of Mercury was quoted as saying? From Powerboat's latest issue:

"Asked if Mercury Racing would eventually offer the ACE dry-sump drive as a stand-alone unit, Fred Kiekhaefer, Mercury Racing's president, said no.

""When you look at the ACE, and really study how it is put together, you will see it is a non-trivial integration, because the transmission is integral with the drive, with the drive plate, so where do you start, where do you stop?" he said.

"It's not like a No. 6 drive where you can bolt anything to it, because the transmission of a key part of this.""

Could someone who really understands the Ace explain the above statement.

the only current offering for this drive at the moment is the 700sci, the bell housing back is completely different.
they have also changed the name of the drive from the ace to the nxt1, new extreme tourqe. i dont see why you couldn`t bolt it up to any big block. i guess well just have to give them a break until they actually start selling them.

Pismo10 03-25-2006 04:54 PM

The drive engineer at the Miami show told me the transom cutout was unique and was bigger than a Bravo's and smaller than a #6. So you could upgrade from a Bravo without having to fill, just cut more away, then to a #6 by cutting even more.

Tapa11 03-25-2006 06:16 PM

Ray, your web site is not quite up to date with all your marine engines. What all do you offer? Thanks.

DPT MOTORSPORTS 03-25-2006 08:57 PM

Have any other boats been powered with the new package other then the yellow MTI that was at the Miami Show this year???

Marginmn 03-25-2006 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by DPT MOTORSPORTS
Have any other boats been powered with the new package other then the yellow MTI that was at the Miami Show this year???

I stepped up to the plate early on and let it be known to the good people at Mercury Racing that I would allow them to install their new 700 Ace package in my boat, and I promised to subject it to the real world abuse of the worst order, and that I would do all of this for them - At No Charge!

It is now March 27 and :mad: I'm still waiting to hear back from them.

RaggedEdge 03-26-2006 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by Marginmn
I stepped up to the plate early on and let it be known to the good people at Mercury Racing that I would allow them to install their new 700 Ace package in my boat, and I promised to subject it to the real world abuse of the worst order, and that I would do all of this for them - At No Charge!

It is now March 27 and :mad: I'm still waiting to hear back from them.

Likely if you hold your breath while waiting Robert you are going to turn a real pretty shade of blue, maybe a purplish blue, better match to the boat color scheme. You know I'm big on the little details !

Marginmn 03-26-2006 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
Likely if you hold your breath while waiting Robert you are going to turn a real pretty shade of blue, maybe a purplish blue, better match to the boat color scheme. You know I'm big on the little details !

I'm a patient man but I too have my limits :)

DRIVEN1 03-26-2006 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by DPT MOTORSPORTS

Can you order a new boat with this package yet? Also do you think they will have all the bugs worked out yet? Basically would you feel safe ordering this package if you were going to order a boat now for a fall delivery. Thanks

carney 03-26-2006 07:30 AM

Does this 700 have to be freshened every 50 hrs , like some of the newer big blocks ?

JIMKID Motorsports 03-26-2006 07:37 AM

I Would Think You Could Go At Least 150 To 200 Hrs On That Package. Not That Radical Has One Year Warranty .and I Heard They Will Be Avalable In June