I was bored: here's another audio redo of a vid >

I was bored: here's another audio redo of a vid

Notices

I was bored: here's another audio redo of a vid

Old 03-23-2006, 09:45 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I was bored: here's another audio redo of a vid

Someone bumped back my thread with Team Rudden's 155 mph pass a while back and I felt like completing the audio rework. I tried to get onboardcamera to send me a higher res version a long time ago, but they refused so there's a lot of aliasing (that high pitched warbling sound) So here's a couple of different ones to listen to. I'm getting some ideas about microphone placement in my Foutain too. I'm hearing all kinds of cool sounds from that engine compartent! I can also enhance some vids you guys take as well. Here are the only requirements. Make it a static shot (like pointing out the back) Also try to keep the wind out of the mic as much as possible. I can minimize some popping though. Place them on Youtube because putfile doesn't allow downloads to my knowledge. I have to place the finished products on Putfile because youtube converts all stereo sources back to mono but mono is ok for me to work with. All the ones I've done so far had mono sources. I'd also like to know who all has onboard camera systems too. I am running some ideas in my head these days about this kind of stuff. PS: sorry about the vid quality in my versions, my software is a little out of date so I have to "dumb down" to MPEG 1 to work with it, you have to listen closely to the enhanced versions, there are differences. Enjoy!!
http://media.putfile.com/155-original
http://media.putfile.com/155-mph-enhanced-audio
http://media.putfile.com/155-enhanced-b
Old 03-23-2006, 10:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: I was bored: here's another audio redo of a vid

I like the ehanced.d version.
Very cool...what kind of software are you working with?
Im going to get in touch with on-board and have some camera's installed for a poker run this year.
Id like to see some forward running shots.
Old 03-24-2006, 07:37 AM
Registered

Awesome! Those "passed" boats probably had a purple "CHIT"!!!
Old 03-24-2006, 07:41 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cool, nothing better then the sound of big blocks in the morning
Old 03-24-2006, 08:46 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Tantrum
I like the ehanced.d version.
Very cool...what kind of software are you working with?
Im going to get in touch with on-board and have some camera's installed for a poker run this year.
Id like to see some forward running shots.
I'm using an older version of Sonic Foundry Vegas so it will only work with MPEG 1.
The difference between the 2 has to do with the exhaust notes and the blower whine. I was able to seperate the 2 sounds. So I made 5 seperate tracks. One for overall lowend, 2 for engine and 2 for blowers. In the first version the engine sounds were thickened up and the blowers tracks were kind of left in the middle. In the second version I spread out the blowers sounds this time and left the engine notes in the middle. I tried a version doing both but the mix just go too crowded. I couldn't decide what I liked better so I made 2 versions.
Soon I hope to have the new Sony Hidef vid camera coming out and it will be bundled with a new version of Vegas so that should solve that issue. Although it's not a priority now, I am curious about an onboard camera too later on down the road. When I get this hi def, I'll look into mounting options for it too.

Thanks for the props guys. I sent my resume off to the Water channel but have heard nothing back. If anybody here, racers included know anybody in the broadcast/production side of things, I sure would like to talk to them. Think about it...HI DEF broadcasts and 5.1 sound for Offshore Boat Racing!!! That's my vision.

Last edited by UNSANE; 03-24-2006 at 08:52 AM.
Old 03-24-2006, 08:58 AM
Registered

Received 363 Likes on 208 Posts

Enhanced version sounds great,
Saw you guys in nyc this summer.