Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Bladerunner??Looks are 007........ (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/122714-bladerunner-looks-007-a.html)

mmwalters 02-16-2006 06:15 PM

Re: Bladerunner??Looks are 007........

It looks to me similar to the triton a boat that raced prostock in the 80s. It spent way to much upside down

cookee 02-17-2006 04:48 AM

2 Attachment(s)
British made and designed by Lorne Campbell who also designed our hull -

cookee 02-17-2006 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by Troutly
Got some egg beaters strapped to the back I see

With the price of "gas" over here (we call it petrol) big V8's arn't an option unless you have a big budget! The leisure version has a 225 Mercury Optimax and is only 3 litre - we still get 60 mph out of it offshore, but it only weighs 1250 kg.

We have found that the US market for Rigid Inflateable Boats - RIBs is mostly limited to the commercial and rescue markets, and our boats are all made to order, so it will be a while before we're selling them over there - assuming of course anyone would want one! :D

CBR 02-17-2006 06:54 AM

Bladerunner looks cool, but without an enclosed head, lots of wives are gong to nix it.

HMarine 04-20-2006 08:00 PM

Hi Everyone,

I see that the Bladerunner has been getting some chat going, so as the sole importer and distributor for the USA, I thought it best to introduce ourselves and be available to answer any questions.

The very first 35 is here in St Petersburg, FL. The original 34's are no longer made. Other 35's are spread around the globe with other distributors or clients.

The first 51 broke the world record for circumnavigating Great Britain last year. Another is nearing completion for delivery to its' owner.

The 35 debuted at the Miami Boat Show in February and has been tested by some of the magazines since then. Reviews are to be published in up coming issues. I'll list the dates and titles as soon as we are notified.

The boat was also part of the Poker Runs of America season opener in Sarasota on April 1st and photos should be on their website (www.pokerrunsofamerica.com) soon.

I'm not going to go into depth about the boat/design here, but as there seems to be some interest I will make myself available to answer any questions and I look forward to some further debate through the forum.

Lastly, to all those that said they wanted one, well I'm your man !!!!

Thank you

Mark Hawkins

LongShot 04-20-2006 10:22 PM

How does it run in the gulf? I have seen you in the ICW at least 3 - 4 times in the last couple of weeks.

tomtbone1993 04-21-2006 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by HMarine
Hi Everyone,

I look forward to some further debate through the forum.

not here??? :D :D :D

good luck with your new venture

HMarine 04-21-2006 07:10 AM

Hi Longshot,

Thanks for the interest. I'm glad that you've seen the Bladerunner out and about.
She runs great in the gulf and is especially awesome into a head wind/sea.
Durine the recent Poker Run from Sarasota to Punta Gorda she held her own alongside much bigger boats.
Time back from Sarasota Hyatt to St Pete (Maximo) - 25mins.

There is an error in my previous post. The PRA website is www.pokerrunsamerica.com

Many thanks

Mark