Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   New 38 Lightning (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/122788-new-38-lightning.html)

CAP071 02-17-2006 11:51 AM

Re: New 38 Lightning

nice boat. I'm not crazy about the dash :drool:

HiPerf2000 02-17-2006 12:03 PM

It looks like they Super Sized the dash..........But still hide all the gauges behind the steering wheel ???? There is a 10" x 10" area that is being used for the stereo remote ????

BAJA WILL 02-17-2006 12:03 PM

I think that boat is great, the cabin door is so over due, I really dislike my three piece door. The seats look great, I think it has Fountain logo speaker covers, the dash is OK, it is a little crowded but what full stagg isn't. Now put a race fairing on it. :drink:

I like give it two thumbs up

WILL :D

CAP071 02-17-2006 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by HiPerf2000
It looks like they Super Sized the dash..........But still hide all the gauges behind the steering wheel ???? There is a 10" x 10" area that is being used for the stereo remote ????

So True. I wonder if the people that design these boat see what we see? :rolleyes:

pm203 02-17-2006 12:12 PM

Some nice improvements, but unfortunately, the same CHEESEBALL steering wheel. Why?????

rainmn 02-17-2006 12:25 PM

That dash looks like they threw the gauges and controls at it, and that's where they all landed. Seriously, it can't have more than 3-4 minutes of thought behind it.
Sorry Fountain, swing and a miss on that one.
This is probably just personal preference, but the dark gauge faces on a dash painted in dark colors don't look too easy to read. Of course, that could also be because they put them behind the steering wheel.
Last question - what the hell is the attraction to fake carbon fiber stuff? (I'm assuming that's what gauges those are.) I understand carbon fiber in a real application, like say, an F-1 car. I don't understand things like dashes and guages printed to look like carbon fiber...it's just not that attractive to look at.
Mark my words - At some point in the future, people will look back at all this carbon fiber crap with the same fondness as the prism dash in a '79 Trans Am.

Marginmn 02-17-2006 12:48 PM

Yea, I dont 'get it. I used to love the 42's but they now put that same Fugly supersize dash in those too. I just don't understand how a designer could actually think a MASSIVE looking dash is attractive.

CAP071 02-17-2006 07:32 PM

ok so overall it's not impressive for that kind of money $$

rush 02-17-2006 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by itilldo
It does look kind of tight and no cup holders that I can see. :(

If you look close at the black triangle cup holderis in the middle.

US1 Fountain 02-17-2006 07:44 PM

At 1st glance I thought it was a PowerQuest. I like the new hatch covering, door and seats, but gotta agree witih the others, still putting the gauges behind the steering wheel was a bad move. Hell, the stero remote has more dash space than the gauges.