Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   New 38 Lightning (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/122788-new-38-lightning.html)

Back4More 02-18-2006 06:44 PM

Re: New 38 Lightning

here we go..........

Outdrive1 02-18-2006 07:01 PM

There's a lot that's right with that boat to offset what's wrong with it. It's about time they made some upgrades on the interior. Maybe Reggies next attempt will be even better, at least he's making an attempt. 2 cup holders is a start, sliding door is another great option, I also like the switches on the side. The plexiglass compartments are a nice idea too. Seats look nice, the powder coated grab handles are more modern looking. Now just ditch the railing on the sun pad, drill some new holes in the dash and arrange it a little better, and put a bigger tilt helm in the thing instead of that cheap post.

FOUNTAINATLAST 02-18-2006 07:05 PM

I met Bozo, he's painting my dash panel right now... :D :D :D

itilldo 02-18-2006 08:21 PM

I like the looks and definitely trying to make upgrades like all of the other Boat builders that are out there. I truly love the graphics. The speed is great as well. I just can not understand why only two drink holders. Heck, how in the world are you going to go over a 100 mph while holding a drink in-between you legs... Now just take the sliding door concept to the other models

US1 Fountain 02-18-2006 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by Downtown42
no.

Pass side vs driver is unbalanced the way it looks from far away.

I agree. I prefer when sitting in a passenger seat is to have a dash in front of me, not a 1/2 dash or a flat wall. A DASH! I want to feel like something is in front of me.

If they could shift the door more to into the drivers side to help even it up, perfect. But more than likely it has more to do with the head room in the cabin behind the dash.
Bring the gauges out from behind the steering wheel, I'll buy one. But not until then. ;)

CBR 02-18-2006 09:23 PM

Yeah drypipertiger, I think he was the best they could find after the guy who designed the paint job on your boat left.

I really wish cig would go back to the fantastic "modern art" paint jobs like the one on your boat. They all deserve to hung on a race rock wall. <gg>

drypipetiger 02-18-2006 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by CBR
Yeah drypipertiger, I think he was the best they could find after the guy who designed the paint job on your boat left.

I really wish cig would go back to the fantastic "modern art" paint jobs like the one on your boat.

Its all my budget would allow and it was stretching it some...

CBR 02-18-2006 11:21 PM

Fantastic paint. Oh yeah, the rest of your boat is pretty cool too. A bit old school though, as you can even read the gauges! <gg>

Fanatic 02-19-2006 01:23 AM

Originally Posted by drypipetiger
The driver and passenger dash areas right down to the floor look cheap IMO...

That's because you are right. It looks like a Sea-ray. :eek:

Sorry the dash was designed by Stevie Wonder. You have guages hiding under under the steering wheel.

I'm disapointed with the cheap plastic look and the dash. :(

Downtown42 02-19-2006 12:48 PM

you guys kill me. And I agree, very poor all the way around. :( Except top end :D

By the way when I was a toddler I attended a viewing of Bozo the clown show at WGN studios CHi town.

Either Bozo or Mr Green jeans was involved with the 38 :chick: