Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   TNT Holdings aka PROFILE CUSTOM POWERBOATS vs. DEAN OWEN (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/122835-tnt-holdings-aka-profile-custom-powerboats-vs-dean-owen.html)

dean51267 02-18-2006 05:27 PM

Re: TNT Holdings aka PROFILE CUSTOM POWERBOATS vs. DEAN OWEN

Originally Posted by BK
Wow. I didn't realize they *destroyed* your boat. Yipes. :eek:

I thought they painted it wrong and failed to winterize it ??? At least that's what I remember from you first postings.

destroyed may be a an excesive use of words, wrecked is more approperate....

horribly messed up the extreior, and screwed up motors from lack of winterization.... I guess destroy was excessive use of workds, I recant them and insert SCREWED UP....

Thanks for catching that....

itilldo 02-18-2006 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by Semper Fi
I agree. This board is for helping each other, making friends and keeping us all informed on what's going on in the boating industry....good or bad.

That is the reason I like this organization. It's people watching out for others or informing others of good and bad results. Let the freedom of speech ring. Remember everyone that is on this web site can choose to either "click" it to read or not.

Tony Montana 02-18-2006 08:22 PM

[QUOTE=dean51267]I know every time I post something they huddle around and read it so, Hello Profile Guys, have a GREAT weekend! Whoever you are!

:D :D :evilb: :drink:

CigDaze 02-19-2006 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by Back4More
I applaud your efforts....I hope this sends a strong message to all the vendors out there.
OSO...The BS stops here. :drink:
This is very educating on how to deal with problems, Keep us informed...I'm sure you will.

Well said, and agreed.

Thanks for the info, Dean. Good luck.

pullmytrigger 02-19-2006 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Harper220
Where did mouth go? or did you stick your foot in it? :rolleyes:

No I have'nt......the other day you start a thread about "your old man's boat".......you know what......it comes across as a little disrespectful......especially since he probably just laid down 200 large.......then.....you start off this thread with "give it a rest" blah blah blah....who cares.......without a doubt this guy has been going through hell over this.....it is probably on his mind 24/7....loses sleep......costs him a bunch of money......and worst of all probably DOES NOT HAVE A BOAT and is simply missing out......and I think a screwed up exterior and trashed engines qualifys as a pretty messed up boat.

In my view this guy is a saint for giving monies owed to charity.....If it were me Id be out for blood!!!......keeping me out of the sport I love while they jack around trying to sweep me under the carpet.......

And why am i so sympathetic.....I had a 33 Donzi ripped off out of a Marina that was supposed to be looking after it.......May 26 2000.......missed the entire 2000 boating season.......nothing......no boating whatsoever.......I know what this guy is going through........its much more than....."Ive lost money too".......weve all lost money but taking your boat away runs much deeper than just money.......its the thing you love to do.....try it sometime!!!!.

So, you walk around pizzed off at the world cause your sitting at home every beautiful summer weekend with nothing to do except yardwork......cause you dont have a boat.....FUN!!!!!!........And then the insurance company comes and along and depreciates the chit out of your boat/contents and your coming out on the short end of the stick and you did nothing wrong

Sorry for spoiled daddy's money crack but thats the way you come across .......doug

for the record.....how old are you????

cosmic12 02-19-2006 12:28 PM

pull my trigger is right. back in 96 when myself and others in this area had those damn profiles we could have used a outlet like this to help us, we didnt have anything, so we just took the screwing and went on with our pain. i say dean post away i am watching very closely. getem :mad:

Harper220 02-19-2006 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by pull my trigger
No I have'nt......the other day you start a thread about "your old man's boat".......you know what......it comes across as a little disrespectful......especially since he probably just laid down 200 large.......then.....you start off this thread with "give it a rest" blah blah blah....who cares.......without a doubt this guy has been going through hell over this.....it is probably on his mind 24/7....loses sleep......costs him a bunch of money......and worst of all probably DOES NOT HAVE A BOAT and is simply missing out......and I think a screwed up exterior and trashed engines qualifys as a pretty messed up boat.

In my view this guy is a saint for giving monies owed to charity.....If it were me Id be out for blood!!!......keeping me out of the sport I love while they jack around trying to sweep me under the carpet.......

And why am i so sympathetic.....I had a 33 Donzi ripped off out of a Marina that was supposed to be looking after it.......May 26 2000.......missed the entire 2000 boating season.......nothing......no boating whatsoever.......I know what this guy is going through........its much more than....."Ive lost money too".......weve all lost money but taking your boat away runs much deeper than just money.......its the thing you love to do.....try it sometime!!!!.

So, you walk around pizzed off at the world cause your sitting at home every beautiful summer weekend with nothing to do except yardwork......cause you dont have a boat.....FUN!!!!!!........And then the insurance company comes and along and depreciates the chit out of your boat/contents and your coming out on the short end of the stick and you did nothing wrong

Sorry for spoiled daddy's money crack but thats the way you come across .......doug

for the record.....how old are you????

It might of came across disrespectful to "you", but that certainly wasn't my intension. Like I said before, there's been several threads about it and I thought, please no, not another one.

Again, I personally would not air a pending legal case on an open public forum. Do you think that's right? Do you think an attorney would advise that?

For the record I'm 36, how old are you? Does age matter as long as a person knows what they're talking about?

I respect other's opinions on this site, but when someone attacks me, I attack back...

No harm intended.

gsmith9898 02-19-2006 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Harper220
No, don't even start...

Enough about Profile all ready... :rolleyes:

I agree. If you don't like profile or the old owners of profile than get on here and shout it out. And if someone gets on here and says they are thinking about buying one, than you should let them know of your dealings and warn them. All the legal aspects of the fight should be left to the attorneys. I can't imagine ANY attorney being dumb enough to tell you to slander a company in a chat room in front of god who knows is reading and printing. If I had to bet, I would say that profile has a attorney and has told them to not say anything and that you do not have a attorney to advise you to leave it to the professionals.

Harper220 02-19-2006 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by gsmith9898
I agree. If you don't like profile or the old owners of profile than get on here and shout it out. And if someone gets on here and says they are thinking about buying one, than you should let them know of your dealings and warn them. All the legal aspects of the fight should be left to the attorneys. I can't imagine ANY attorney being dumb enough to tell you to slander a company in a chat room in front of god who knows is reading and printing. If I had to bet, I would say that profile has a attorney and has told them to not say anything and that you do not have a attorney to advise you to leave it to the professionals.

thank you... :D

Skullkrusher 02-19-2006 06:16 PM

A: Slander is spoken not written, that is called libel.
B: It isn't libel if it is true.
C: He's not worried about being sued, they're already suing him.
D: If you don't want to see another "Profile Post" why are you reading this?