Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   TNT Holdings aka PROFILE CUSTOM POWERBOATS vs. DEAN OWEN (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/122835-tnt-holdings-aka-profile-custom-powerboats-vs-dean-owen.html)

Harper220 02-21-2006 07:19 AM

Re: TNT Holdings aka PROFILE CUSTOM POWERBOATS vs. DEAN OWEN

Originally Posted by GOODT
If you had been following this you would of seen that they do have a track record for bad business !!!!!!!!

the dissatisfied people are coming out of the wood work...

I see that you represent a marine company yourself. You just think about that one? :rolleyes:

I also saw that you started a thread yesterday titled "Inside profile Boats". Is that not stirring the pot or what? Here's some advice, stay a lurker on this sort of thread. You represent the marine industry and your participation in threads like this is unprofessional.

ZP\'d 02-21-2006 09:54 AM

IMO anyone that sends a boat to Iowa in Sept without winterising their engines before shipping the boat off destroyed their own engines, regardless of what anyone tells someone at any Builder, Profile included. Just something I would never in a hundred years think of taking a chance on Dean.
I've met quite a few Profile Owners and never once have any of them had anything bad to say about their boats or Randy. The paint on all have been top notch as well IMO. I'm sure they are all glad to see everyone slamming the Profile name as it has to really help thier re-sale value for the fine problem free boats they own and take a lot of pride in..
With disgruntled Profile Owners coming out of the woodwork now and announing on a public forum how all procceds will benfit charity, my red flag is starting to raise a wee bit more vs when you first posted the saga Dean. Much like it raised by Randys wife when she chipped in some really strange responses. Perhaps I'm wrong......
Dean you yourself said you did not want to see any harm of any kind come of anyone else and I'm asking does that include current happy Owners of Profile boats? If so get your lawyer and take care of biz and THEN let us know what comes of it..
The continued bashing is gonna destroy more then Profiles reputation IMO... Personally I would not be willing to do that to a fellow boater regardless if I was in the right or not.

ScottB 02-21-2006 10:03 AM

In my opinion, Profile started it with the lawsuit against Dean. They made their bed, now they must sleep in it. If I were on the defense much like Dean, I would adopt the win at all costs attitude as well. Keep up the fight Dean

birdog 02-21-2006 10:04 AM

Post away Dean, You have payed for the privilege.....The truth will come out eventually. If Dean is lying,we will all know...
Some of you guys must not remember the bruce Dudley problems or the National Marine debacle...Some of us are VERY fortunate to have OSO.

Wobble 02-21-2006 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by birdog
Post away Dean, You have payed for the privilege.....The truth will come out eventually. If Dean is lying,we will all know...
Some of you guys must not remember the bruce Dudley problems or the National Marine debacle...Some of us are VERY fortunate to have OSO.

I agree,

Almost everyone I buy marine parts from I have found or checked out through OSO. The same will be true whenever I buy another boat.

Harper220 02-21-2006 12:01 PM

Has this topic been blown way out of proportion or what?? :rolleyes:

How many threads have been started on this subject by Dean?? I think Dean has got enough publicity on this, don't you think? It's like a big crusade for every body to jump on Dean's band wagon and take Profile to the cleaners. I agree that OSO is helpful on certain things, but when it turns to this, then it's not cool anymore. You guys getting the picture yet? I think Dean has you all in a trance.

The first thread was fine, but my god how much more does it need to drag on?? :rolleyes:

Please put this pathetic thread out of its misery, poof.

murf 02-21-2006 12:18 PM

For everyone who feels that this has subject has been done to death, don't read it. No one is forcing you to read and post a reply. I think what Dean is doing is great. I to was screwed over by a boat manufacturer. It is very frustrating and costly. If Dean can warn other people and prevent it from happening to someone else, that's great. Or if he just wants to vent his anger and frustrations, that is also his right. You do not have to read it. For all of us who have been screwed, we know what a pain in A** it is dean. Good luck and keep up the pressure on Profile!

fund razor 02-21-2006 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Harper220
Has this topic been blown way out of proportion or what?? :rolleyes:

How many threads have been started on this subject by Dean?? I think Dean has got enough publicity on this, don't you think? It's like a big crusade for every body to jump on Dean's band wagon and take Profile to the cleaners. I agree that OSO is helpful on certain things, but when it turns to this, then it's not cool anymore. You guys getting the picture yet? I think Dean has you all in a trance.

The first thread was fine, but my god how much more does it need to drag on?? :rolleyes:

Please put this pathetic thread out of its misery, poof.

I don't have a dog in this fight.

But I have to admit that I am wishing that Profile and Dean would go away or just chill for a while. I was sympathetic to Dean for most of the time, because the consumer is usually the less guilty in these marine cases.

I understand the argument that this helps everybody know what's up and avoid problems... kind of a bad business list.

However... I have now seen enough from both sides that doesn't impress me and doesn't represent the best of OSO.

I am surprised that the people involved on either side are actually grown ups.

There. I said it.

And as a full time representative of an actual children's charity... it is in poor form to pass yourself off as a philanthropist. Whether you are or not.

In racing.... let the other guys call you fast.
In giving... let the other guys call you generous.

And BTW... Outback doesn't do what they do to be part of your Profile thread. This is not the PR that they were looking for when they signed up.

How about cutting the link between your legal battles and your efforts on behalf of needy children?

dean51267 02-21-2006 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by fund razor

And BTW... Outback doesn't do what they do to be part of your Profile thread. This is not the PR that they were looking for when they signed up.

How about cutting the link between your legal battles and your efforts on behalf of needy children?

agreed........ it was made to clearly remove doubt as to my motives.......... should have been done differently.... if at all...

Harper220 02-21-2006 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by fund razor
I don't have a dog in this fight.

But I have to admit that I am wishing that Profile and Dean would go away or just chill for a while. I was sympathetic to Dean for most of the time, because the consumer is usually the less guilty in these marine cases.

I understand the argument that this helps everybody know what's up and avoid problems... kind of a bad business list.

However... I have now seen enough from both sides that doesn't impress me and doesn't represent the best of OSO.

I am surprised that the people involved on either side are actually grown ups.

There. I said it.

And as a full time representative of an actual children's charity... it is in poor form to pass yourself off as a philanthropist. Whether you are or not.

In giving... let the other guys call you generous.

Bingo... :D