BMAX New lower design in Miami

Notices

BMAX New lower design in Miami

Old 02-21-2006, 09:25 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts
Default Re: BMAX New lower design in Miami

[QUOTE=zt260]The last set of gears looked like yours, but that was because I felt it coming apart and idled in. All the others were completely trashed. Not much left in terms of teeth.

The small tank is 112 octane for runs over 10Ibs of boost. I can switch fuels on the fly in seconds

Bmax's lower case will bolt to any bravo upper, but Dean uses his own vertical and prop shaft that are not interchangeable with bravos. Dean told me the new lower will bolt up to my existing Bmax upper.

Thanks for the info, I always assumed the shafts were the same but now I know there is actually a difference. When I have trashed lower gears I have felt it thru the floor of the boat and headed straight in. It always spreads metal thru the whole drive too which sucks ,Smitty
Old 02-21-2006, 09:27 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by X-Driver
What's that Cmate run w/ 1400hp, Zt260?
I've never run WOT with full boost. But at 12Ibs I see 105mph
I plan to push it over 110mph this summer if everything’s perfect.
Old 02-21-2006, 09:32 PM
Registered

Smitty,

The real beauty of the Bmax is the separation of the upper and lower. The oil is not circulated so a blown lower will not affect the uppers oil.
Old 02-21-2006, 10:01 PM
I hate the winter!!
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zt260
Smitty,

The real beauty of the Bmax is the separation of the upper and lower. The oil is not circulated so a blown lower will not affect the uppers oil.
I didnt know that. Thats a great idea..
Old 02-21-2006, 10:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey ZT, I used to have a 253 with 710hp and kept blowing drives.(5 in 2 years). The term "running out of boat" does apply.
Old 02-21-2006, 10:53 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by articfriends
Strip,I'm under the impression the current b-max lower bolts on identical to a std merc lower or a imco lower but is no stronger than any of the others out there (billet shaft,xr gears etc). Any idea if the new lower when its done will bolt onto the old b-max which would mean it would be a good retrofit for guys like you and zt-260 without buying a whole complete new drive and it would then also bolt to other drives like my max worx upgraded upper? That would be nice but I bet dean also beefed up the vertical shaft with bigger dia too,Smitty
To use a Bmax lower you have to use a different vert shaft.The BMax shaft is thicker like the prop shaft. the coupler is larger also.

I bet when he get the new lower gears .and he puts his bravo vert shaft[to fit your] he would guaranty it to the 950 hp/TQ

Rob

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 02-21-2006, 10:59 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I've always liked the phase- "If more is better, than too much is just enough"

Until the damn drive blows-
\n
Dave the prop looks real close to the cav plate on the foot?

Also how do you like the BMax crescent lower ? I am trying to get Dean to give me a price for 2 the last 3 weeks.

I have the standard low water pickup merc XRlower case. I wonder if the B Max crescent lower will pick me up any at around 100mph?

Rob

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 02-22-2006, 01:50 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

Smitty,

WOW,My opinion of b-max just got seriously raised,that is one of the BEST ideas I have heard on these drives yet!!Smitty
Old 02-22-2006, 08:33 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388
\n
Dave the prop looks real close to the cav plate on the foot?

Also how do you like the BMax crescent lower ? I am trying to get Dean to give me a price for 2 the last 3 weeks.

I have the standard low water pickup merc XRlower case. I wonder if the B Max crescent lower will pick me up any at around 100mph?

Rob
That picture is with my standard length lower, the maximus clears by 1/4". On my 2" shorty which I run now, I had to grind the plate out to clear, but it works great and I gained a few mph.

I really like the Bmax crescent lower. Its tube is shorter and the skag is smaller. It’s defiantly faster than my old sportmaster lower. I don't know how it will compare to a stock merc lower. I was always afraid of blow out. I highly doubt you will lose speed, and there's a good chance you’ll gain, especially if you start raising the X dimension, and try different props.
Old 02-22-2006, 08:41 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by MarkSmith
Hey ZT, I used to have a 253 with 710hp and kept blowing drives.(5 in 2 years). The term "running out of boat" does apply.
I realize I'm pushing it, but you would not believe how stable it rides at 100mph. If nothing else I like to cruise at 80mph, so the extra power comes in handy.

I would have brought a larger hull, but I trailer this boat and anything longer would be too much trouble with the family. Honestly I'm happy where I am right now, and I don't need more HP.
(Was that out loud)

Quick Reply: BMAX New lower design in Miami

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.