Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   BMAX New lower design in Miami (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/122875-bmax-new-lower-design-miami.html)

zt260 02-18-2006 08:04 PM

BMAX New lower design in Miami

Has anyone been by the BMAX display?
Dean has been promising a new lower with larger gears. Any info would be great. Wish I could be there myself.

Strip Poker 388 02-20-2006 01:11 PM

Re: BMAX New lower design in Miami

Originally Posted by zt260
Has anyone been by the BMAX display?
Dean has been promising a new lower with larger gears. Any info would be great. Wish I could be there myself.

He said the gears weren't ready yet,couple of months

Anarchy Powerboats 02-20-2006 01:21 PM

I was going to send them an email about our services, they need light at their booth and some video or something.

zt260 02-20-2006 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388
He said the gears weren't ready yet,couple of months

Figures, it's always a couple more months and the summers over.

Thanks, Rob

Strip Poker 388 02-20-2006 03:16 PM

Figures, it's always a couple more months and the summers over.

Thanks, Rob

Yvonne said they were still at they show today.I think its going to be the same crescent lower? The new lower gears are going to be helical style which will have more surface contact area and 3 teeth will be engaged at all times on the lower gears . This will spread out the load and the merc gears only have 1 tooth touching at a time.This is what I was told .

Rob :drink:

zt260 02-20-2006 07:33 PM

Dean told me the new lower would be 1/2 inch larger in diameter. This would be enough to hold the new larger gears. I've been waiting for sometime now. I'm tired of blowing the bmax lowers. Three a year is too much for me.

To hold the new gears, a new lower design will be required, unless he has changed the design.

Thanks for the info-

Strip Poker 388 02-21-2006 12:21 AM

Dean told me the new lower would be 1/2 inch larger in diameter. This would be enough to hold the new larger gears. I've been waiting for sometime now. I'm tired of blowing the bmax lowers. Three a year is too much for me.

To hold the new gears, a new lower design will be required, unless he has changed the design.

Thanks for the info-

How much power are you making? I havent had any lower failures from TQ

Rob :D

zt260 02-21-2006 11:02 AM

I can produce up to 1400HP, but at present boost, I'm at 1000HP\950TQ. Dean said it would work and guaranteed it when I brought the drive two years ago. But the lowers just keep tearing up, and I'm easy on it. No jumping, no holeshots and only a few WOT runs per year. The upper is bullet proof.

Dave-

Strip Poker 388 02-21-2006 12:18 PM

I can produce up to 1400HP, but at present boost, I'm at 1000HP\950TQ. Dean said it would work and guaranteed it when I brought the drive two years ago. But the lowers just keep tearing up, and I'm easy on it. No jumping, no holeshots and only a few WOT runs per year. The upper is bullet proof.

Dave-

Dave Thats some pretty good #'s.what kind of boat?

Rob :drink:

zt260 02-21-2006 12:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
It's a 2003 Checkmate ZT260