Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   A day on the water with Bob Saccenti (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/122889-day-water-bob-saccenti.html)

ScalpTaker36 02-19-2006 09:33 AM

A day on the water with Bob Saccenti

Today I had the privilege of Running all the new 2006 42 Chief in the ocean off Miami Beach..

With Mr. Saccenti on the sticks and the wheel in my hands we traveled across 4 ft swells at close to 100 MPH.

I never would have imagined to have run such a magnificent boat with The World Champion Mr Saccenti himself, all while traveling at speeds greater then when Bob and BK won championships in the 41 Apache "War Path".

I don't know where to begin on describing the 42 Chief. As an owner of numerous "go fasts" including Cigarette's, Donzi's, Scarabs, and even an Apache, I have never experienced a ride like I did today on the 42 Chief.

Scott Grady, Bob Saccenti, and the rest of the Chief crew really exceeded my expectations. The 42 Chief dominated the sea, Handled like I never felt before. The 950 Chief Engines with Dry #6's ran like a top, and had the smoothest idle I have ever seen on big block blown motors. The 42 planed easily without the use of tabs or rocking the hull. The mid-range acceleration was breathtaking.

We were in thee Intra-costal when The Chief popped the steering wheel off the dash and handed the wheel to me and told me to drive. As I attached the wheel to the port side helm on the 42 I took a deep breath and realized I was in for a ride.

The only thing that was better than the performance and ride of the 42 was the looks and styling. The interior was insane. A plush full v-berth made of what appeared to be a suede like leather in a beautiful Saddle/beige and white. Corion counter tops and plenty of storage throughout.

The $50,000 paint job by Mitcher T was worth every penny. Heads were turning on the Waters of Miami today!!

This boat looked and rode better than any performance boat I've ever been on. There is no doubt that the 42 Chief will be out in front for a long time to come.

Sonic30ss 02-19-2006 09:54 AM

Re: A day on the water with Bob Saccenti

Awsome! :D

Macklin 02-19-2006 09:59 AM

Cool! Any pics?

JCPERF 02-19-2006 09:59 AM

Went 98 the other day :cool:

CAP071 02-19-2006 10:04 AM

pics man we need pics