Notices

boat sales???

Old 02-20-2006, 08:15 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default boat sales???

What time of the year do boat sales start picking up? spring?? just asking because it seems like alot of boats are getting put up for sale and alot of smokin deals and none of them are moving! I have had mine for sale for a little over a month now and only got 1 inquiry!! http://www.offshoreonly.com/esvon/page-8342.html i just think its crazy! comments please....
Old 02-20-2006, 08:47 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Default Re: boat sales???

Originally Posted by STRAIGHTPRIORITY
What time of the year do boat sales start picking up? spring?? just asking because it seems like alot of boats are getting put up for sale and alot of smokin deals and none of them are moving! I have had mine for sale for a little over a month now and only got 1 inquiry!! http://www.offshoreonly.com/esvon/page-8342.html i just think its crazy! comments please....
I have also been advertising my 1997 lipship TopGun for a month or so and have only been approached by brokers not buyers.
I think people are really holding on to their money, with gas and the cost of living on the rise, disposable income is becoming scarce.
I know in my case even though I run my Cat most of the time, I will keep my Gun and enjoy her before I give her away.Its just not a great time for the guy's that really need to sell. When it gets a little warmer I believe we will see some positive activity. Good Luck!
Old 02-20-2006, 08:58 AM
Registered

I'd say late March into April...
Old 02-20-2006, 09:32 AM
Registered

Think Positive. My Cig has been on OSO classifieds since mid October. I have had a lot of tire-kickers, but no serious takers. The boat is 15 years old and well-maintained. The buyers that have called are looking for perfection at 80K. I am entertaining offers and will continue to enjoy until the next owner comes along.

Took out my cousin from Northern Nevada on Saturday. He is a hay farmer and never experienced anything like a day offshore before. He is still grinnin' ear to ear, baby!
Attached Thumbnails boat sales???-first-trip-lbc-tobi-001.jpg   boat sales???-first-trip-lbc-tobi-002.jpg  
Old 02-20-2006, 10:06 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

People ordering new boats know they need to get the order in around the Miami Boat show in order to have the boat by summer. Many people who go to the show see how expensive the new boats are and start thinking brokerage.
Surveys slow-up just before the Miami show and really pick-up about a week or two after it. Keep your boat clean and ready to show as soon as the weather starts to warm-up. Hard for people to think "Boat" while they are shovelling snow. Good Luck.
Old 02-20-2006, 10:18 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I haven't had much action on my cruiser either. I'm not even loooking at any other boats until this sells
Old 02-20-2006, 10:22 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice TG! Straight Proirity just wondering what will that boat run on GPS? I would think the buyers will start coming out when the sun comes out! Seems to be priced right and I love the colors...
Old 02-20-2006, 11:38 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by STRAIGHTPRIORITY
fyi..sold a 99 gun this past summerfor 99k
Old 02-20-2006, 12:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ya seems to be a lot of cigs for sale at the moment . over 100 on OSO. Is a buyers market.
Old 02-20-2006, 12:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by beachbob
Nice TG! Straight Proirity just wondering what will that boat run on GPS? I would think the buyers will start coming out when the sun comes out! Seems to be priced right and I love the colors...
Right around 76... but could use some tweeking! thanks for the compliments.

Quick Reply: boat sales???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.