Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   "New" Mercury products in Miami: Puh-leeze!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/122981-new-mercury-products-miami-puh-leeze.html)

BBB725 02-20-2006 12:22 PM

Re: "New" Mercury products in Miami: Puh-leeze!!

By the way - Whatever happened to that huge-displacement V8 they were displaying a few years ago?

The 708 aluminum motor?

www.allstarengine.com

BLee 02-20-2006 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Audiofn
If I was in the position to build new I would NOT be putting in Mercury. I would look at other drives and motors first. There are much better drives.:]

You are one of the few. I don't have Mercury power in my boat but the majority does. It's all personal preference obviously, but most prefer Mercury.

TeamSaris 02-20-2006 02:01 PM

If you ask me the IMCO is a much better drive than all the mercs except the #6. It will go up to 1000HP. The ACE is rated for 800.

Griff 02-20-2006 03:16 PM

What Imco drive is good for 1000hp??????????

glassdave 02-20-2006 04:33 PM

i hafta go with C Spray . . . . look at the history here

Volvo E-Drive, early 1970's . . . . . Merc speedmasters late 1970's
Volvo Duo-prop mid 1980's. . . . .Merc BrovoIII early 1990's
Volvo 280 mid 1970's. . . .. . . Merc Brovo late 1980's
Volvo DPX. . . . . Merc Blackhawk
Volvo IPS . . . . . Mecr/Cummins thingie
Konrad . . . . . i still think the Ace is the same concept as the Konrad
Kiekhafer Gorilla(some may remember that) . . . .Merc #6

if you've ever seen any of these products side by side you cant deny the similarities. i dont honestly have anything against merc. all of my boats have merc drives on them and i have been fairly happy so far (although i did just get my first Bravo boat) i do however agree with Audio if i had the means to build a new boat it would probably not have a Merc on the back. i would love to get my hands on a pair of DPX's now thats a well build drive.

Panther 02-20-2006 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by glassdave
i hafta go with C Spray here . . . . look at the history here

Volvo E-Drive, early 1970's . . . . . Merc speedmasters late 1970's
Volvo Duo-prop mid 1980's. . . . .Merc BrovoIII early 1990's
Volvo 280 mid 1970's. . . .. . . Merc Brovo late 1980's
Volvo IPS . . . . . Mecr/Cummins thingie
Konrad . . . . . i still think the Ace is the same concept as the Konrad
Kiekhafer Gorilla(some may remember that) . . . .Merc #6

if you've ever seen any of these products side by side you cant deny the similarities. i dont honestly have anything against merc. all of my boats have merc drives on them and i have been fairly happy so far (although i did just get my first Bravo boat) i do however agree with Audio if i had the means to build a new boat it would probably not have a Merc on the back. i would love to get my hands on a pair of DPX's now thats a well build drive.

From what I hear, the new merc Ace transmission ,may be a volvo knock-off as well. :eek:

glassdave 02-20-2006 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Panther
From what I hear, the new merc Ace transmission ,may be a volvo knock-off as well. :eek:

the list goes on :D :rolleyes:

SOX 02-20-2006 04:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey glassdave, I think these are for sale...

LostinBoston 02-20-2006 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by Andy0331
Didn't Nortech or MTI (one of the cats anyway) at the docks have a Merc 700 package in it?

Also, when I talked to the rep, he only seemed to indicate that the Ace drive wouldn't be available for quite some time as a stand-alone product.

MTI had a 39 in the water with merc 700's next to the 26 nortech w/ 850's and underwater exhuast.

sean stinson 02-20-2006 06:17 PM

Dont hold back Chuck :eek: :eek: :p :D :cool: