If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Gig Harbor, WA.

Re: Anyone familar with Hinckley Yachts

They are not using the same materials, but they both make picnic boats.T he Hinckley is a beauty, I would want no other sail boat before it. But Stancraft the Picnic boats is VERY Desirable.

Side by side, the Stancraft Picnic boat blew the Hinkley away in my direct comparison of the 2 boats.

That's my view, I'm saying it's well worth the look.

Boston, MA

I was at an NMMA conference about a year ago and got to know the engineer from Hinckley pretty well. He told me they still build sail boats, but it only makes up a very small portion of there sales. I just think it is funny that they hit it real big by building powerboats, and they are beutiful.

Charter Member #232 Charter Member Audiofn's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1979 Formula 302, 99 Formula 353, 81 Donzi 18 2+3 with 454
    Carlisle, MA USA

Quote Originally Posted by Troutly
    The Hinckley and Stan-Craft are two different animals. I'd not even begin to compare them with each other.

Hinckley boats mix state-of-the-art hull design with elegant interiors. They use Kevlar / Carbon E-glass for their hulls (vacum-bagged). They use water jet propulsion on almost all their boats. Hinckleys are not just built for inland waters, they are also designed for ocean use.

I'm not knocking Stan-Craft, they look to build a great boat. But it is not in the same catergory as a Hinckley.
    Troutly they actually were one of the first manufacturers to use Infusion. They no longer vacume bag to the best of my knowledge.

AndyOL: I guess that they went back to their roots then, didn't they start out building lobster boats? I will ask my bro what he knows as he if good friends with the owners daughter. It does not supprise me that they are more power now as they have made those picnic boats so popular.

One real nice thing about those boats is ANYONE can drive them. Just pull up 1 foot from the dock and hit the hover button and the thing will keep itself right there. Quite a bit of technology in them.
    Put your best foot forward!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123