Anyone familar with Hinckley Yachts >

Anyone familar with Hinckley Yachts

Notices

Anyone familar with Hinckley Yachts

Old 02-24-2006, 04:39 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Anyone familar with Hinckley Yachts

They are not using the same materials, but they both make picnic boats.T he Hinckley is a beauty, I would want no other sail boat before it. But Stancraft the Picnic boats is VERY Desirable.

Side by side, the Stancraft Picnic boat blew the Hinkley away in my direct comparison of the 2 boats.

That's my view, I'm saying it's well worth the look.
E
Old 02-24-2006, 06:15 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was at an NMMA conference about a year ago and got to know the engineer from Hinckley pretty well. He told me they still build sail boats, but it only makes up a very small portion of there sales. I just think it is funny that they hit it real big by building powerboats, and they are beutiful.
Old 02-24-2006, 06:43 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Troutly
The Hinckley and Stan-Craft are two different animals. I'd not even begin to compare them with each other.

Hinckley boats mix state-of-the-art hull design with elegant interiors. They use Kevlar / Carbon E-glass for their hulls (vacum-bagged). They use water jet propulsion on almost all their boats. Hinckleys are not just built for inland waters, they are also designed for ocean use.

I'm not knocking Stan-Craft, they look to build a great boat. But it is not in the same catergory as a Hinckley.
Troutly they actually were one of the first manufacturers to use Infusion. They no longer vacume bag to the best of my knowledge.

AndyOL: I guess that they went back to their roots then, didn't they start out building lobster boats? I will ask my bro what he knows as he if good friends with the owners daughter. It does not supprise me that they are more power now as they have made those picnic boats so popular.

One real nice thing about those boats is ANYONE can drive them. Just pull up 1 foot from the dock and hit the hover button and the thing will keep itself right there. Quite a bit of technology in them.