Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Destin (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/123303-destin.html)

Ms PatriYacht 02-25-2006 05:25 PM

Re: Destin

Originally Posted by Xtremeracing
Who you suggest pay the $500,000.00 - $600,000.00 it take to put on a Worlds like Key West for 10 days ????

I would expect that it would be split among the sponsors and and the boats that race. The more boats that race the more money that comes in to the promoter and the town, and the sponsors are happier. Are you saying SBI pays and
loses money.

Ms PatriYacht 02-25-2006 05:26 PM

Key West is open to an boat that meets the rules no matter what group you run. OPA and POPRA,and the Great Lake series when they where racing have done it for years whats changed...????

the promoter

Xtremeracing 02-25-2006 05:31 PM

You should speak to OSS and SBI/APBA and ask them how much money they made on the Worlds ...NOT !!!

Ms PatriYacht 02-25-2006 06:13 PM

Mike your right, so my question to the racers in both groups is what is the difference between the SBI/APBA and the OSS National Race and the SBI/APBA and the OSS Worlds?????

Xtremeracing 02-25-2006 06:30 PM

SBI/APBA is a Sanctioning body....!!!

Pat D 02-25-2006 06:42 PM

:D

Originally Posted by KLAATU
Bingo ! :D

Ms PatriYacht 02-25-2006 07:04 PM

SBI/APBA is a Sanctioning body....!!!

yes they are for their races

so my question still stands, what is the differnce between the SBI/APBA nationals and worlds

and on a side note, make sure you take notice how few people on a board full of 1,000's of offshore enthusiasts have bothered posting on this topic, that speaks louder than any of my posts

Pat D 02-25-2006 07:08 PM

[QUOTE=Ms PatriYacht] make sure you take notice

As a matter of fact I have taken notice all day.........except it's apparently saying something completely different to some others of us.

Scott B 02-25-2006 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by Ms PatriYacht
and on a side note, make sure you take notice how few people on a board full of 1,000's of offshore enthusiasts have bothered posting on this topic, that speaks louder than any of my posts

The enthusiasts are tired of the constant *****in between the groups... Sad but true... The two groups need to get over it and show the fans (who buy the priducts their sponsors sell so they can afford to sponsor them) a real Worlds for the first time in how many years??

We will decide where we are going based upon our choice of vacation spots, and if theres a race there, so much the better....

gdfatha 02-25-2006 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by Ms PatriYacht

============

As an avid fan I have been reading every word on this subject for 2-3 years.

Bottom line we all get screwed with this two Worlds!!!

I do not add comment after comment cause I bow to those involved in the decision making process and I do not want to clutter the screen with swear words over this entire sad affair.. :( :mad: