Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   ETHAN ALLEN TOUR BOAT TRAGEDY Lake George, NY...Ins. Co.'s attorney? Michael Alweiss (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/123320-ethan-allen-tour-boat-tragedy-lake-george-ny-ins-co-s-attorney-michael-alweiss.html)

Shane 02-24-2006 12:24 PM

Re: ETHAN ALLEN TOUR BOAT TRAGEDY Lake George, NY...Ins. Co.'s attorney? Michael Alweiss

I may have been mistaken in this thread title. For some reason I read or thought I read that Allweiss was the attorney for the Insurance company. It appears that he may just be the attorney for Shoreline.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a.../1002/BUSINESS

TeamSaris 02-24-2006 12:25 PM

Re: ETHAN ALLEN TOUR BOAT TRAGEDY Lake George, NY...Ins. Co.'s attorney? Michael Alweiss

Next thing you know the brand new boat the Adirondac, they got will be up for sale. Anyone wanta 75 foot tour boat? :cool:

Shane 02-24-2006 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Tantrum
Then it goes on to say the insurance co didnt have a licence to write policies. That would mean no insurance period :eek:

I cannot find the article or document where I thought I read that MA was the attorney for the Insurance Company. I will keep looking.

CigDaze 02-24-2006 12:31 PM

Re: ETHAN ALLEN TOUR BOAT TRAGEDY Lake George, NY...Ins. Co.'s attorney? Michael Alwe

Originally Posted by Shane
I cannot find the article or document where I thought I read that MA was the attorney for the Insurance Company. I will keep looking.

From the article in your first post:

Survivors who filed claims with Shoreline Cruises received a letter in January from company lawyer Michael Allweiss, explaining the insurance problem.
He's the attorney for the tour boat.

Shane 02-24-2006 12:54 PM

Re: ETHAN ALLEN TOUR BOAT TRAGEDY Lake George, NY...Ins. Co.'s attorney? Michael Alwe

Originally Posted by CigDaze
From the article in your first post:

He's the attorney for the tour boat.

It appears I drew the conclusion from the aforementioned article but was indeed mistaken as it appears in all accounts that MA is the attorney for Shoreline. My mistake and appologies.

CigDaze 02-24-2006 01:08 PM

It appears I drew the conclusion from the aforementioned article but was indeed mistaken as it appears in all accounts that MA is the attorney for Shoreline. My mistake and appologies.

None needed. :)

45sonic 02-24-2006 01:16 PM

That just shows you how much people pay attention to the policies they pay to protect them. Me included. Damn shame for all those involved

GLH 02-24-2006 01:46 PM

A boat insured only for accidents on land? Nice racket...

Lawyers will have their meter running for ever and from every direction on that one. My guess.... Ten to fifteen years before it is sorted out and the family will get nothing after the lawyers are done.

Shane 02-24-2006 01:48 PM

What kind of retainer do you think Allweiss got for this deal?

T2x 02-24-2006 01:50 PM

Funny....I thought he might have been the captain.

T2x