Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   ETHAN ALLEN TOUR BOAT TRAGEDY Lake George, NY...Ins. Co.'s attorney? Michael Alweiss (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/123320-ethan-allen-tour-boat-tragedy-lake-george-ny-ins-co-s-attorney-michael-alweiss.html)

GLH 02-24-2006 01:57 PM

Re: ETHAN ALLEN TOUR BOAT TRAGEDY Lake George, NY...Ins. Co.'s attorney? Michael Alwe

Originally Posted by T2x
Funny....I thought he might have been the captain.

T2x

Good call. He drove the racing circuits the same way as that boat.

Shane 02-24-2006 02:06 PM

Re: ETHAN ALLEN TOUR BOAT TRAGEDY Lake George, NY...Ins. Co.'s attorney? Michael Alweiss

Originally Posted by T2x
Funny....I thought he might have been the captain.

T2x

Nah...the ship he captained sunk a few years back and Bubba gobbled it up. Is the ole CRS actin' up again T2x? :drink:

tommymonza 02-24-2006 02:29 PM

Re: ETHAN ALLEN TOUR BOAT TRAGEDY Lake George, NY...Ins. Co.'s attorney? Michael Alweiss

I got out of the parasail business 4 years ago because of insurance.The only insurance you can get these days only insures the passengers when they are on the boat they are not insured if they are in the air.The policy was a million dollar liability policy that was just good enough to make the county happy that you were insured other than that it was worthless. And i payed $8000 a year for this worthless policy.

Shane 02-24-2006 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by tommymonza
I got out of the parasail business 4 years ago because of insurance.The only insurance you can get these days only insures the passengers when they are on the boat they are not insured if they are in the air.The policy was a million dollar liability policy that was just good enough to make the county happy that you were insured other than that it was worthless. And i payed $8000 a year for this worthless policy.

Just goes to show you...a litiguous, feel good, liberal mindset crushes the entrepreneurial spirit that made this country great! :mad:

sy goldberg 02-24-2006 04:13 PM

There is a boat insurance company called INTERNATIONAL WATER SAFETY FOUNDATION(IWSF) that insures small boats and some high performance boats.I would suggest that anyone with a policy with them check with your state insurance department as they are the same type of company that caused this problem.I have some paperwork to back up my statements.

BK 02-24-2006 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Shane
Just goes to show you...a litiguous, feel good, liberal mindset crushes the entrepreneurial spirit that made this country great! :mad:

The insurance companies just want you to keep thinking its 'all those law suits' causing your premiums to go up....all while they are racking up triple digit profits. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Do you really think premiums would go down if there were law suit caps? :p Not a chance.
Their motto is: All gain, no pain.

gsmith9898 02-24-2006 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by BK
The insurance companies just want you to keep thinking its 'all those law suits' causing your premiums to go up....all while they are racking up triple digit profits. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Do you really think premiums would go down if there were law suit caps? :p Not a chance.
Their motto is: All gain, no pain.

I am in insurance and you are exactly right. Take all the mal practice law suits filed last year. 87 percent were dismissed with out a dime paid and the other 13 percent were paid with a average of $26,000, yet the doctors insurance is sky rocketing. The only people that want a cap is the very large companys ( so they can clearly put a dollar amount on a life or recall) or the uneducated. It is a scare tactic with out merit. The price of insurance is in direct reflection of the stock market. When the insurance industry is losing in the stock market than premiums go up and when they are making money in the market premiums level off. They will make money!

gsmith9898 02-24-2006 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by Shane

You know what a liberal is? A politician! I have never seen a politician yet that was not liberal with my money or freedom. I laugh when I see one politician call another a liberal. Bunch of crooks! :mad:

Edward R. Cozzi 02-24-2006 08:17 PM

It's good to know that the one week a year it's out of the water getting a bottom job that baby has insurance! The other 51 weeks you just roll the dice.

CAP071 02-25-2006 09:23 AM

Sad situation for those on that boat.