Old 02-21-2008, 02:42 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 249 Likes on 136 Posts

very sorry
Old 02-21-2008, 03:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, very sorry to hear. Just blows my mind the response of some of the people on here. The cop was an idiot and anyone that thinks he was right is an idiot. He should have pulled out a pencil and paper and took down the plate numbers not a gun. Then charge the driver. You don't jump in front of a moving car.
Old 02-21-2008, 03:24 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by WaterJunkie
Wow, very sorry to hear. Just blows my mind the response of some of the people on here. The cop was an idiot and anyone that thinks he was right is an idiot. He should have pulled out a pencil and paper and took down the plate numbers not a gun. Then charge the driver. You don't jump in front of a moving car.
That's a little out of line unless you were there. Tragic, yes and my heartfelt condolances go out to the affected families. The bottom line is that nothing would have happened if they just paid for thier meal. I can't imagine how the lives of the driver of the car and the officer have been since that night.
Old 02-21-2008, 03:43 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mark,
Thanks for remembering this. That means more to me than you can imagine! It was and still is a difficult subject for our family. As a matter of fact, a newspaper was left at the door of our hotel room every morning while in Miami for the boat show. Bill found an article in the Miami Herald (I think) that cited a case where a group of girls left a Denny's without paying the bill...a tag number was written down and the police were able to track down the girls that way. Don't think I didn't tear out that article and that Alexandria police and the IHOP won't get a copy of it.

Yes, Aaron and his friends were wrong for not paying the bill and the driver VERY wrong for how he handled the situation but I certainly don't think Aaron had to die for a mistake that cost the IHOP $26. Like Audiofn said, I would gladly pay 1000 times that to have him back.

Don't want to start anything again because it is still very painful....once again.....MARK, thank you for remembering.

Patti
Old 02-21-2008, 03:46 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by 45sonic
Mark,
Thanks for remembering this. That means more to me than you can imagine! It was and still is a difficult subject for our family. As a matter of fact, a newspaper was left at the door of our hotel room every morning while in Miami for the boat show. Bill found an article in the Miami Herald (I think) that cited a case where a group of girls left a Denny's without paying the bill...a tag number was written down and the police were able to track down the girls that way. Don't think I didn't tear out that article and that Alexandria police and the IHOP won't get a copy of it.

Yes, Aaron and his friends were wrong for not paying the bill and the driver VERY wrong for how he handled the situation but I certainly don't think Aaron had to die for a mistake that cost the IHOP $26. Like Audiofn said, I would gladly pay 1000 times that to have him back.

Don't want to start anything again because it is still very painful....once again.....MARK, thank you for remembering.

Patti

I'm very sorry for your loss.
Old 02-21-2008, 03:50 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,816 Likes on 904 Posts

45Sonic and family,

I agree, it is very sad that this happened and my heart goes out to your family. Any one of a number of things could have changed the tragic outcome.
Old 02-21-2008, 03:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah griff I would. Just last week some little punks keyed the side of my boat on the way out of my driveway for not buying anything from their school fliers. I went and got their information not jump in front of their bikes and start shooting. Oh yeah, my paint job is worth a lot more than a couple pancakes!
Old 02-21-2008, 06:32 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Griff
I'm sure if some kids stole your own personal stuff, say your boat, and the cop saw it happen that you would want us to just stand there and write down his the license plate too
Because of the loss of life, it seems to make it a little different.
I feel terrible for the family, and I remember when this happened.
I've been ripped off in my own neighborhood - CD's and such out of my truck - big deal, it's $100, make a report, and have the cops patrol the area a little more. Also stopped a kid that was stealing a gas can out of a neighbors garage. Confronted him, and held him until the cops got there. http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...ghlight=caught
He needed to learn a lesson, not be killed.
A life is worth a lot more than a few $$.
Old 02-21-2008, 06:55 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Sorry to hear about your nephew. Condolences and Prayers for you and your family.

Quick Reply: Nephew killed today

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.