Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Newbie question (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/123380-newbie-question.html)

Ms PatriYacht 02-25-2006 12:34 PM

Re: Newbie question

Welcome aboard, don't worry about what type of boat you have, besides having a boat already puts you ahead of some of those SBRT guys :D :D

Add the area you live to your profile it helps knowing what part of the world everyone is boating in. Another thing that's cool about this site, there are lots of opportunities to meet fellow board members and who knows you might even wind up catching a ride in a "Ferrari"

TP121 02-25-2006 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Tantrum
On using your own words, there is nothing wrong with asking the Ferrari guy how to make your VW handle better or go faster. After all he has been there :D

Now the reality of the site, Yes there are some Ferrari owners here, their are also alot of Chevy, Ford and Yugo owners (Thats not a dig at you fountain guys :drink:). The common thread is the love of the water and boats.

So join up and welcome.

Already joined.

Again, thank you for the warm welcome.

Tantrum 02-25-2006 12:50 PM

[QUOTE=Ms PatriYacht]Welcome aboard, don't worry about what type of boat you have, besides having a boat already puts you ahead of some of those SBRT guys :D :D QUOTE]

Almost forgot, you will need a good sence of humor :drink: :drink:
and pics of your lady friends on your boat for the uncensored section :eek: :drink:

itilldo 02-25-2006 02:07 PM

This is a great site and their are a lot of knowledgeable people here, so ask away and I guarentee someone will have a very good answer for you. Just keep in mind that this is a "family of boaters". For the time I have been a member I have seen several people on here help each other out in all kind of different needs (boat rides, surveying a boat for someone else in another state, jobs, getting help from dead beat shops / builders, etc) I really love this site! So post away and especially in the Uncensored Section!!!!! :drink:

dean51267 02-25-2006 02:13 PM

Sorry man, we are a bunch of jerks who will not let anyone in with less than a 100 mph boat, :evilb: I had to lie to get in.... :eek:

Unless of course you are passing out free stuff, then we can make an exception...... :D

Just watch that "itilldo" guy, he is a yahoo, always stiring up problems..... I think he is mafia or something.... ;)

f311fr1 02-25-2006 02:19 PM

Welcome aboard. I started out with a 19 ft bowrider. I now own a 43 Black Thunder and soon a 23SF Concept as a second boat. You have to start somewhere. I wish something like this site had existed when I started in this sport. It could have saved me a lot of time, aggravation, and money with the knowledge base available from OSO. Joe Murray