Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Favorite Boat you've owned? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/123390-favorite-boat-youve-owned.html)

ratman 02-25-2006 06:58 PM

Re: Favorite Boat you've owned?

bouy hunter, i talked to tres at the miami show. daddy cool is still for sale he's had a few offers at 35k he thinks the owner will let her go for 40.....just a thought....cool history, twin 850 blower motors and #3's

Mac 02-25-2006 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by GOODT
1987 Cris Craft Stinger, great boat and had some outragous times on her....have had faster and better riding but that was one fun a$$ boat

My brother had a stinger also, great boat!!

BBB725 02-25-2006 07:03 PM

16' Yamaha jet boat, just runs and runs and is a blast to drive

Mac 02-25-2006 07:06 PM

Probably my first Fountain a 1990 33 fountain, that grew to a 35 in 91, great boat had a pair of Derebery 509, ran great for 4 years, never touched it, sold it to a buddy that still owns it!

Too Old 02-25-2006 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by bouyhunter
The reason I put this up is because alot of people seem to miss the "simplicity" of a boat they owned before they moved up.
Sure, I wanna be one of the big dog's on the lake, but to what end??

I just want me and my wife to be able to have a good time on the water. She wants a little comfort and quarters, I want a little speed. I'll never be the biggest or fastest, but I want to be noticed at least a little.

It seems that many people here had more fun with previous "smaller"boats than what they are currently running.
I don't want my boat to become an albatross around my neck, I want something that is easy to run, easy on the wallet(if that is possible...)
I'm leaning towards the Formula or Older Cig 28SS. I've even found a few boats identicle to my old Baja that I've considered.

Good points. If you tow to the water regularly, big get's old in a hurry.

Yet I find myself wanting larger all the time. :hothead:

Edward R. Cozzi 02-25-2006 07:13 PM

Tough choice, as I've had a few great boats. The 1994 40' Hustler w/triple Blackhawks was the best just due to its enormity and rough sea capability.
Had smaller boats that were faster, but the trips are something special.

cuda 02-25-2006 07:23 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I have the Formula you need. I hate to let her go, but we don't use it much since we moved. It will turn heads, easy to launch and trailer, not too rough on the wallet.

Magicfloat 02-25-2006 08:02 PM

First boat I bought was a 1963 Glasspar G-3 with 100 Merc.This year I found one just like it,totally restored. All it needed was an old 100 Merc. I found one and have come full circle 43 years later.Runs 59 mph and runs all afternoon on a 6 gallon fuel tank :drink: Light enough to store on a PWC lift. Karen thinks I'm nuts but sometimes it's good to relive the old days :p

US1 Fountain 02-25-2006 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by bouyhunter
The reason I put this up is because alot of people seem to miss the "simplicity" of a boat they owned before they moved up.
Sure, I wanna be one of the big dog's on the lake, but to what end??

I just want me and my wife to be able to have a good time on the water. She wants a little comfort and quarters, I want a little speed. I'll never be the biggest or fastest, but I want to be noticed at least a little.

That's exactly why I chose my 22' Pachanga as my favorite.
Easy to trailer, man handle, drive (no screwing with tabs and drives every time you go to get on plane) easy on gas, stays on plane at a low speed, (kinda miss just the slow put puts )and always got compliments on it.

Good topic

24degrees 02-26-2006 12:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My '74 Magnum 27 Sport.....