Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Favorite Boat you've owned? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/123390-favorite-boat-youve-owned.html)

offshoresteve 02-26-2006 01:55 AM

Re: Favorite Boat you've owned?

After owning a 10 meter fountain,28 Pantera.My 28 Skater is my favorite.It feeds the need for speed quite well .Now more than ever when I pick it up in a few weeks with some new Power :D :D and rigging from Diamond marine!

Jonas 02-26-2006 01:59 AM

2 Attachment(s)
this is the most bang for the buck the most fun..
motor boat prop tank still less than a drive for the fountain... :D

copiercat 02-26-2006 07:18 AM

very interesting thread, i was thinking the same thing myself,i think the biggest decision as to the fav boat would have to be made based on some factors as to what kind of water you typically run in, what level of maint are you prepared to do,fuel cost issue,trailer/storage when not in use,budget etc..
im thinking of downsizing as the cat is a job to run,i cant just throw it in the water on a friday and just play as it needs a crew to run it from launching , to operateing trim's, guage monitoring etc,not to mention the servicing of all the systems and maint of them. im really getting tired of car motor power and being a contortionist to work on anything, and really think that outboards are a better deal all the way around,i can have a power head off in 20 minutes and dont require any help and nothing more that a cherry picker to get it done..
just my 02

blownincome 02-26-2006 09:01 AM

90/35 fountain :D

glassdave 02-26-2006 09:19 AM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by GOODT
1987 Cris Craft Stinger, great boat and had some outragous times on her....have had faster and better riding but that was one fun a$$ boat

could not agree more. what did you have Joe? mine was an 85 260 with small blocks and alphas. this boat was great! BIG boat for a 26 footer. i had no problem spending 2 and 3 day weekends on it big comfy cabin and roomy cockpit. handled ruff water pretty good and was a good performer, did about 60.

GOODT 02-26-2006 09:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by glassdave
could not agree more. what did you have Joe? mine was an 85 260 with small blocks and alphas. this boat was great! BIG boat for a 26 footer. i had no problem spending 2 and 3 day weekends on it big comfy cabin and roomy cockpit. handled ruff water pretty good and was a good performer, did about 60.

260 with twin 400hp sb that I built spent many a week end on her even did our honey moon on her

bouyhunter 02-26-2006 02:16 PM

Dave - I should have just bought your boat when I had the chance.
That was a killer ride! I hope you have as much fun with the Scarab (and more pictures in the dirty section :D )

bouyhunter 02-26-2006 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by cuda
I have the Formula you need. I hate to let her go, but we don't use it much since we moved. It will turn heads, easy to launch and trailer, not too rough on the wallet.

Joe, this is exactly what I'm talking about.
You have an awesome boat there - but I wonder if it's too much for me.
You've even said yourself, it's easier to take out one of the small Donzi's - and you use those more than the
Formula.
Don't get me wrong - it's a great looking boat, and I'd love to have her.
But, I'm looking for what will fit into my life.
I don't want something that becomes a labor of love - I just want something fun.

bouyhunter 02-26-2006 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by ratman
bouy hunter, i talked to tres at the miami show. daddy cool is still for sale he's had a few offers at 35k he thinks the owner will let her go for 40.....just a thought....cool history, twin 850 blower motors and #3's

That would be one helluva ride!!
I might even be able to hang with your girl.
But again, I need a bigger truck, a better place to store.

Maybe I should just buy a Bayliner and THRASH the thing for 2 years and sell it...
:D
I'll run P-class :D