Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Favorite Boat you've owned? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/123390-favorite-boat-youve-owned.html)

bouyhunter 02-25-2006 01:38 PM

Favorite Boat you've owned?

I'm still boat shopping, and I'm at the stage of fighting between what I WANT, and what is PRACTICAL.
But, I 'm living on WANT instead of PRACTICAL.
I WANT a Mistress, PRACTICLE is probably more like a 28'ish Cig, Formula, or a beak or Baja.

So, now a 28SS, or a Formula comes to mind.

But, the question is - what boat did you have the most fun with?
I've had a 25' Baja, a 19 Wellcraft cuddy, and a 27' Wellcraft cruiser/cuddy.
I had more fun on the 25' Baja than any.
I've seen many on this board that have "moved up", and later see they're old boat for sale, and comment that they miss "that boat".
28' sounds like a manageble size, and might even be more fun (and less work) than a 38'.

Any thoughts??

RJBBC 02-25-2006 01:54 PM

Re: Favorite Boat you've owned?

Originally Posted by bouyhunter
I'm still boat shopping, and I'm at the stage of fighting between what I WANT, and what is PRACTICAL.
But, I 'm living on WANT instead of PRACTICAL.
I WANT a Mistress, PRACTICLE is probably more like a 28'ish Cig, Formula, or a beak or Baja.

So, now a 28SS, or a Formula comes to mind.

But, the question is - what boat did you have the most fun with?
I've had a 25' Baja, a 19 Wellcraft cuddy, and a 27' Wellcraft cruiser/cuddy.
I had more fun on the 25' Baja than any.
I've seen many on this board that have "moved up", and later see they're old boat for sale, and comment that they miss "that boat".
28' sounds like a manageble size, and might even be more fun (and less work) than a 38'.

Any thoughts??

Our first and favorite boat is a 2000 Checkmate 259 w/ a 454Mag. Still having alot of fun with boat.

betitbig 02-25-2006 02:05 PM

My next boat will be my favorite one.

Every boat I have had or will get will never be good enough no matter what it is.

Remeber there are plenty of 1yr old $500K boats for sale, maybe even those are never good enough as well.

To tell you the truth, my life was much simpler without a boat.

Is it summer yet?

offshoredrillin 02-25-2006 02:06 PM

I love my tiger tim, but you can go wrong with an 89-91 311. That boat was a blast, had everything needed + family convenience.

f311fr1 02-25-2006 02:22 PM

I loved my old 311 Formula. I had it for 11 years and it was a great boat. I wish I still had it. My second favorite boat was a 28 Sonic single engine. I only had it for 3 years, but it was a great boat. Joe Murray

yahoo 02-25-2006 04:57 PM

My fav was a pleasure 36 skater, it ran all day with hp500's

Too Old 02-25-2006 05:02 PM

The old 28 Pantera with six man bolsters and center steering. :)

US1 Fountain 02-25-2006 05:04 PM

Pachanga 22'

CAP071 02-25-2006 05:04 PM

Had the Most fun with my 98 25' Checkmate :drink:

Loved My 288 Sunsation.
The Baja we won't Go there.
The Formula was nice but not my style
The Rinker was a toy

My Chaparral is a pimp pad on the water now :D

All in all I miss my checkmate years of fun. I was young and I could drink more and the women were even younger :drink: :D

CAP071 02-25-2006 05:05 PM

Oh Yea my 32 Chaparral cruiser is for sale so I can get back into a single 25-28 speedboat :D