Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Horrible news - we lost one of our own - OSO member Bill272 has passed away >

Horrible news - we lost one of our own - OSO member Bill272 has passed away

Notices

Horrible news - we lost one of our own - OSO member Bill272 has passed away

Old 02-08-2006, 09:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Horrible news - we lost one of our own - OSO member Bill272 has passed away

Posted on www.lakestclair.net

My kids and I have a hole in our hearts a mile wide.

Bill passed away yesterday morning from a massive heart attack. He was 42 years old. He woke up yesterday morning, we had a conversation (about LSCN, what else?) and he collapsed on the kitchen floor. Jackson and I called 911. The operator talked me through mouth to mouth and chest compressions until EMS arrived. They worked on him for about a 1/2 hour and took him to the hospital. I think they shocked him 3 or 4 times.

The kids and I followed a few minutes later, calling every family person in the metro area. When we got to the hospital, they showed us into a little room with boxes of kleenex on tables. The doctor and nurse spoke with me separately and told me Bill was pretty much gone when they brought him in. They then let me break the news to the kids.

We donated Bill's organs to the Gift of Life, so parts of him will live on in others. I only hope they realize what truly gracious gifts they are receiving.

Visitation is at Wm Sullivan and Sons Funeral Home in Royal Oak on 11 Mile, 3 blocks east of Woodward. Bill will be there on Thursday from 4-9 pm and Friday noon till 9. The funeral is on Saturday at St. Andrew's Episcopal Church at 11:00 am. The church is on Main St. (Livernois), just north of 14 Mile. A trust fund will be set up for Jackson and Adrian.

Bill was truly devoted to his family and his friends. He took his moderating "job" seriously and was passionate about boating and Lake St. Clair.

We would've celebrated our 17th wedding anniversary the end of April. I can honestly say he was my best friend and we had a great relationship. I thought we had forever.

Help us celebrate the person he was and the life he lived. Raise a glass, say a toast and hug your children and spouse. Bill died as he lived--knowing the people he loved, loved him.

Thanks to all who've called and expressed their thoughts and prayers. We've got a long, difficult road ahead, but Bill gave us "tools" and shared his sense of humor with the kids and me. We'll draw on our great memories to get by.

Christine, Jackson and Adrian
Bill was an upfront guy that loved his family, loved boating, and was always straight with people. My thoughts and prayers go out to Christine and the kids.

God Bless!

Last edited by dockrocker; 02-10-2006 at 08:32 AM.
Old 02-08-2006, 09:44 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Re: Horrible news - we lost one of our own - OSO member Bill272 has passed away

Rip
Old 02-08-2006, 09:47 PM
Registered

Default Re: Horrible news - we lost one of our own - OSO member Bill272 has passed away

Old 02-08-2006, 09:48 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My condolences to the family..how sad
Old 02-08-2006, 09:53 PM
Registered

Old 02-08-2006, 09:53 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

42! that's just not fair! may God Bless the Family.
Old 02-08-2006, 09:55 PM
Registered

My prayers and condolences to christine, jackson and adrian
Old 02-08-2006, 09:56 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow. Four years older than me. If I die at that age, it is because I crammed a lot of life in that time. I hope Bill was as lucky. *toast to Bill*
Old 02-08-2006, 09:57 PM
Registered

My condolences
Old 02-08-2006, 09:59 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by clearcut3
My condolences
Mine as well.

Quick Reply: Horrible news - we lost one of our own - OSO member Bill272 has passed away

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.