Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Used boat pricing? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/123439-used-boat-pricing.html)

ActiveThunder 02-26-2006 08:57 AM

Re: Used boat pricing?

Originally Posted by f311fr1
Call Pat at Active Thunder. He has a NEW left over 05. Joe Murray

The new 2005 is at the DC Boat Show today! Frank Marchone and Rick Scott are there to show it. It has a 525 EFI and Captain's call with Marine Machine steering.

h2owarrior 02-26-2006 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by Magic Medicine
Its seems that their are a few brands of boats that are continually priced very high. I have seen a few that are price 5-15 grand above book value. This seems crazy to me since considering the price of fuel and the state of the economy. I would think it would be a buyers market now.

I agree that this particular boat is overpriced. I took a bath on an AT. It was my choice to sell it, so no bad blood with Pat. I think he took a bath on the boat as well. The price on this boat has got to be seriously negotiable.

What I do not understand is the "state of the economy" comment. From all indications the US economy is doing very well. What is wrong with the economy ? My company, and many others, are hitting all time high revenues and profits. Housing is still strong (people do not buy houses if they think they are going to loose their jobs), the Fed is worried about inflation and crude has stabilized in the $60's. Looks like 2006 will be another good year.

Steve_H 02-26-2006 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by h2owarrior
I agree that this particular boat is overpriced. I took a bath on an AT. It was my choice to sell it, so no bad blood with Pat. I think he took a bath on the boat as well. The price on this boat has got to be seriously negotiable.

What I do not understand is the "state of the economy" comment. From all indications the US economy is doing very well. What is wrong with the economy ? My company, and many others, are hitting all time high revenues and profits. Housing is still strong (people do not buy houses if they think they are going to loose their jobs), the Fed is worried about inflation and crude has stabilized in the $60's. Looks like 2006 will be another good year.

interest rates are almost double what they were 2 years ago. gas is .75/gallon higher then 2 years ago. insurance is getting harder and harder to find. in my eyes the economy doesnt look to good especially when it involves buying toys.

ActiveThunder 02-26-2006 09:48 AM

Hey, Lil' BUddy, is this postcoming from abroad? And that didn't mean Judy!

Originally Posted by h2owarrior

h2owarrior 02-26-2006 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by Steve_H
interest rates are almost double what they were 2 years ago. gas is .75/gallon higher then 2 years ago. insurance is getting harder and harder to find. in my eyes the economy doesnt look to good especially when it involves buying toys.

Interest rates double what they were two years ago ? Not on houses or cars and from what I have seen boats either. Insurance is related to insurance company losses, not the economy on the whole. I am sure Katrina has also had an affect depending on your loacation.

Fuel is huge factor on the US economy. But with the growth rates the economy has enjoyed over the past two years, you would be hard pressed to show that high fuel prices have done anything but keep the economy from overheating.

Steve_H 02-26-2006 10:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
http://www.nfsn.com/library/prime.htm

Brad Zastrow 02-26-2006 10:25 AM

Come on...if your buying a $100,000 boat what the heck does paying an extra few bucks for gas going to do to you? Gas prices will affect your auto driving habits on a daily basis, maybe. I still see a lot Hummers being sold. Interest rates are still very low. Stop being so negative. It is easy to say the seller of the new toy I want, but can not afford is asking too much. If it is too much look elsewhere.

Sean H 02-26-2006 10:29 AM

all i see is the prime getting back to where it was pre 911, i wouldn't say that is a bad thing, it was artificially low to spurn the economy after 911 and has been rising up as the economy has too....(look at the dow, nasdaq since the same dates....) and like h20 said, you can get house, car and boat for way less than 7.5.....

Steve_H 02-26-2006 10:50 AM

well i guess the historical chart provided by the federal reserve is all wrong then.

i give up :rolleyes:

Sean H 02-26-2006 11:03 AM

well i guess the historical chart provided by the federal reserve is all wrong then.

i give up :rolleyes:

i don't think it is wrong, i think it is exactly right, prime was hovering around 8 until 911, then they had to drop it to spurn the economy following 911, then as the economy grew, they have raised it back towards where it was... i dont see that as a bad thing, it was artificially low and now is resetting itself to where it was... (much like the stock markets have since then as well)