Notices

Used boat pricing?

Old 02-26-2006, 11:03 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Used boat pricing?

I guess I'm kind of lost here. The prime rate is still below where it was all during the later 90's. I don't remember anybody crying about the economy or interest rates back then.
Old 02-26-2006, 11:05 AM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

911 changed many things, Business dropped off, costs of EVERYTHING went up. Kinda like a stock market correction, EVERYTHING is getting back to it's pre 911 prices (except gas). Considering inflation and turmoil in the middle-east, gas is still not that bad. As a business owner I hear all the "bad" news about the economy but quite honestly I don't see it. Seems to me as prices have corrected themselves over the last 2 years this is the only thing Democrats have to bit(h about.
How many of you remember when interest rates were 18-20%? (Our business bought a new building at 18% in the early 80's!!!!)
Old 02-26-2006, 11:05 AM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BGIII
I guess I'm kind of lost here. The prime rate is still below where it was all during the later 90's. I don't remember anybody crying about the economy or interest rates back then.
exactly....

and i wouldn't mind a better return on some of my conservative investments, so a proper prime rate is not a bad thing...
Old 02-26-2006, 11:09 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Economic debates aside, that's way too high of a price on that boat.
Old 02-26-2006, 11:12 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Indy
Economic debates aside, that's way too high of a price on that boat.
Sorry for sidetracking the topic. I agree, that boat is too high priced.

I also think the economy in the US great.
Old 02-26-2006, 11:17 AM
Steve_H

im not argueing interest rates are way to high. all im saying is, that same 100k loan is now costing the borrower twice as much as it did 2 years ago. add the increased price of gas and insurance and you have a lot of guys deciding it just aint worth it anymore. maybe im wrong but i dont see to many boats selling lately.

Old 02-26-2006, 11:25 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Used boat pricing?

Originally Posted by h2owarrior
I agree that this particular boat is overpriced. I took a bath on an AT. It was my choice to sell it, so no bad blood with Pat. I think he took a bath on the boat as well. The price on this boat has got to be seriously negotiable.

What I do not understand is the "state of the economy" comment. From all indications the US economy is doing very well. What is wrong with the economy ? My company, and many others, are hitting all time high revenues and profits. Housing is still strong (people do not buy houses if they think they are going to loose their jobs), the Fed is worried about inflation and crude has stabilized in the $60's. Looks like 2006 will be another good year.
I don't know where you are getting the info on the housing market?? I work for a company, a very strong player in the industry, anyway we make products that go into new houses are sales are down right now. The cost to operate our business has almost doubled over the last year, due to the increased cost of energy and chemical prices. Guess what these increases are passed onto our customers, which will eventually be passed on to the average consumer. I guess if you are overly wealthy that is does not affect you, but most of the average working class people are affected greatly!!!!! Where do you work? In the petroleum industry!!! LOL

Last edited by Magic Medicine; 02-26-2006 at 11:31 AM.
Old 02-26-2006, 11:29 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve_H
that same 100k loan is now costing the borrower twice as much as it did 2 years ago.

What are boat rates currently in the 100k range? I got 5.1% for 20 years on less then 100k 1.5 years ago and I feel like I can make a compelling argument that it is almost free money when netted out for taxes and average inflation.

Last edited by BGIII; 02-26-2006 at 11:36 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-26-2006, 11:32 AM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by BGIII
What are boat rates currently in the 100k range? I got 5.1% for 20 years on less then 100k 1.5 years ago and I feel like I can make a compelling arguement that it is almost free money when netted out for taxes and average inflation.
you can get in the 6.25 or better right now...
Old 02-26-2006, 11:35 AM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Magic Medicine
I don't know where you are getting the info on the housing market?? I work for a company, a very strong player in the industry, anyway we make products that go into new houses are sales are down right now. The cost to operate our business has almost doubled over the last year, due to the increased cost of energy and chemical prices. Guess what these increases are passed onto our customers, which will eventually be passed on to the average consumer. I guess if you are overly wealthy that is does not affect you, but most of the average working class people are affected greatly!!!!! Where do you work? In the petroleum industry!!! LOL
i'd say housing starts are still doing pretty well... 2006 estimates are also predicted to show growth over 2005...

http://www.nahb.org/generic.aspx?sec...cContentID=554

Quick Reply: Used boat pricing?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.