Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Look what I found out in a Barn !!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/123470-look-what-i-found-out-barn.html)

drgnrydr 02-26-2006 06:19 PM

Re: Look what I found out in a Barn !!!

I doubt they were found in a barn & that the owner didnt know they were a performance boat motor.

HiPerf2000 02-26-2006 06:23 PM

what is sitting on that Skater dually trailer that is in the backround ????

SHARKEY-IMAGES 02-26-2006 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by drgnrydr
I doubt they were found in a barn & that the owner didnt know they were a performance boat motor.

What we call shops in Jersey they call Barns out in that neck of the woods.....
I picked up their lingo pretty quick! :D

But no way was I losing the Jersey accent.... :drink:

I wouldn't mind having a Barn in my yard... The Checkmate would be real happy then.... ;)

SHARKEY-IMAGES 02-26-2006 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by KLAATU
Another Sharkey Joke ( I hope ! )LOL :D

No one in their right mind goes in and tears down vintage material , and ask's question's later .
:eek:

Once they are put back together, I hope to show pics of them in a Dyno Room...

Probably will need the tractor to load them up on the buggy though... :rolleyes:
There isn't a Dyno in the Barn.... :(

Raylar 02-26-2006 07:29 PM

Those motors were really a plumbers nightmare! I am sure that even when they were built, the cost per HP had to be off the charts! They will make great converstion pieces, but if you are going to run them in a boat today you had better start putting the shop and pit crew together now just to tune and service them! Oh' buy the way, rob a few banks on the way for replacement parts! Really though ,congratulations on the find and the great picture layout!, Bruce was the "real rocket scientist of his time!!, he was really "outside the box" on those babies!

Ray @ Raylar

Audiofn 02-26-2006 09:25 PM

What are all the tubes that are in the valley for?

Jon

SHARKEY-IMAGES 02-26-2006 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by Audiofn
What are all the tubes that are in the valley for?

Jon

I am trying to still determine if it is for directional oiling or water cooling myself. :confused:

Some PMs I have been receiving have been helpful, but still need to figure alot of that plumbing out!

There are some lines that run in/out of the turbos then into the front top of the head into those tubes that then run down along side the exhaust ports.
A lot of engineering went into this stuff! :eek:

JCPERF 02-26-2006 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by sharkeymarine
I am trying to still determine if it is for directional oiling or water cooling myself. :confused:

Some PMs I have been receiving have been helpful, but still need to figure alot of that plumbing out!

There are some lines that run in/out of the turbos then into the front top of the head into those tubes that then run down along side the exhaust ports.
A lot of engineering went into this stuff! :eek:

Those tubes are for water.Goes in the block and out the head it looks.The Donovan block might be half filled for strength reasons.

SHARKEY-IMAGES 02-26-2006 09:54 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by JCPERF
Those tubes are for water.Goes in the block and out the head it looks.The Donovan block might be half filled for strength reasons.

That's what I am thinking JC.
Until we actually blow some air through it, we won't know for sure where some of this stuff goes. Personally, I think it's water.
If you look down on the side of the block, there are more fittings coming out of the side of it...

lightspeed 02-26-2006 10:20 PM

That Is Some Sick Looking Stuff //////Big HP //////