Anyone see the new Evinrude infomertial >

Anyone see the new Evinrude infomertial

Notices

Anyone see the new Evinrude infomertial

Old 02-14-2006, 11:21 AM
Registered

Received 84 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Anyone see the new Evinrude infomertial

Im not much of an outboard guy but I thought it was commendable that they took on the competition straight up.

They compare their ETEC's directly to the Merc 4 stroke Verado and Yamaha V Max in weight, simplicity,fuel mileage,noise, emissions,maintenance, acceleration and top speed.

The thing that got me about that is they showed the merc and the Yammie in plain sight.....no covered engines with "brand X" markings......showed exact weights, db levels, exhaust ppms etc of all players.

They even lined up three identical Ranger bass boats...all with 225 V6s and ran em' heads up.......I dont know the validity but the Yammie and the Merc were about the same but the Rude was way out front after 2 miles.......just thought it was cool they compared directly with the competition........doug
Old 02-14-2006, 01:03 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Re: Anyone see the new Evinrude infomercial

I have seen it a few times and actually saw it again just last night. It does a good job selling the product. After watching the video you are ready to buy their engine and forget the 4 strokes! Of course, it is not really an equal comparison because Evinrude is comparing their 2 stroke to the competitor's 4 strokes. As far as proving the point of 2 stroke vs 4 stroke though, the 2 stroke Evinrude seems to be the better choice. I am biased though. All of our outboards are either Evinrude or Johnson. We are in the middle or a rehab project on our 1990 22' Hydra Sports CC an will be repowering it this spring after all of the other work is done. I can tell you that it will more than likely be powered by an Evinrude 2 stroke!
Old 02-14-2006, 01:08 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Anyone see the new Evinrude infomertial

I Am An Evinrude And Mercury Outboard Dealer. The Funny Thing Is, And Mercury Will Confirm, Optimax Sales Rose 20ish Percent From That Infomercial. So It Isn`t Just Selling E-tec`s It Is Also Selling Opti`s
Old 02-14-2006, 06:04 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The 2-stroke E-Tec will out-perform the 4-strokes in comparisons like that. Somehow they are meeting the emissions requirement that would ordinarily make these tests unnecessary because it wouldn't be a legal engine that the public could purchase.
Kudos to Johnson-Evinrude for not giving up on the 2-stroke!
Old 02-14-2006, 06:14 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,053 Likes on 277 Posts

I am a Merc man all the way but i must admit the Yammies are nice.
Old 02-14-2006, 07:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let's not forget about our beloved Opti's!
Old 02-14-2006, 07:04 PM
Registered

Received 84 Likes on 20 Posts

[QUOTE=Edward R. Cozzi Somehow they are meeting the emissions requirement that would ordinarily make these tests unnecessary because it wouldn't be a legal engine that the public could purchase.
Kudos to Johnson-Evinrude for not giving up on the 2-stroke![/QUOTE]

Bombadier, the Johnson/Rude parent company has sunk millions into two stroke R&D......they can use it on their John/rude outboards, Sea Doo watercraft and Ski Doo snowmobiles......its all good for them
Old 02-14-2006, 07:09 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I put an AZZ whoopin on my Honda's and never had a problem yet
Attached Thumbnails Anyone see the new Evinrude infomertial-25cg.jpg  
Old 02-14-2006, 10:10 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the damned things love to destroy prop hubs, to much low end torqe. i think the big item when i sell one is that it doesn`t require any service for three years people really like that. the other is that when using xd-100 it actually uses less oil than an l-6 verado with regular oil changes. being an evinrude fan i`ve got to admit it isn`t fair that they compare the e-tec to the engines that they chose. they could have done better. the line -up is now split all evinrude models are e-tec. some ficht left until supplies are depleted. the johnson line-up consists of the small carbutated kickers and the fourstrokes that they buy from suzuki.

Last edited by outdrive man; 02-14-2006 at 10:14 PM.
Old 02-28-2006, 07:43 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i've gotta admit that i had almost bought into the idea of "it's gonna be 4 strokes from here on out". the infomercial had me scratching my head about why yamaha and merc hadn't figured out how to reduce emissions similar to evinrude. am i missing something in this equation? is the price out of sight or something?

Quick Reply: Anyone see the new Evinrude infomertial

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.