Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Boat won't be ready for Sarasota.  Help!!! >

Boat won't be ready for Sarasota. Help!!!

Notices

Boat won't be ready for Sarasota. Help!!!

Old 03-25-2006, 04:58 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boat won't be ready for Sarasota. Help!!!

The Sonic we were going to run in the Sarasota run is getting a Konrad conversion and the fiberglass guy doing the transom work isn't going to be able to have it done in time Is there a place that rents high performance boats near Sarasota??? We have the hotel rooms, beer,airline tickets, poker run registration, and 6 guys ready to make this run. My boat is still in storage and I really don't feel like pulling it 1500 miles, if there is another solution to our problem. Any suggestons?????? Thanks
Old 03-25-2006, 07:44 AM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Boat won't be ready for Sarasota. Help!!!

That's a tough one. I think you'd better start gettin your boat ready. At least it's a for sure thing right?
www.chicagopowerboat.com
Old 03-25-2006, 07:54 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get yours out, dust it off and get it down there... Your boat vs. a rental boat? Where's the tough decision about that? It's the 1500 mile tow isn't it? Talk somebody into towing it for you.
Old 03-25-2006, 08:40 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I already had to change my flights once already. Now I will have 4 useless tickets, and I lose a week of work, not just two days, and I HATE THAT TOW!!!!! Everytime I do it I swear its the last time.
Old 03-25-2006, 08:45 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck
I already had to change my flights once already. Now I will have 4 useless tickets, and I lose a week of work, not just two days, and I HATE THAT TOW!!!!! Everytime I do it I swear its the last time.
Chuck, I would be happy to take two of you aboard PREDATOR. Maybe others can step up and offer positions for the rest of your crew. Let me know if you do not come up with a boat.
Bob
Old 03-25-2006, 08:56 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

i would love to find an empty seat for the run as well, it doesn't look like stainless marine is gonna have my tails done in time for me to make the run in my cig, thx in adavance, rm
Old 03-25-2006, 09:37 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder
Chuck, I would be happy to take two of you aboard PREDATOR. Maybe others can step up and offer positions for the rest of your crew. Let me know if you do not come up with a boat.
Bob
That would be great. Randy is working on finding us some spare seats also. If we didn't have six there was a chance of us getting a ride in the second canopy Nor-Tech. Just so you know... we would all be happyto help with any preperations before and after the run. And of course expenses. Thanks
Old 03-25-2006, 09:38 AM
Registered

Back to the subject "Perf. Boat rentals" is their such a thing? I don't know of anyone in the central Fla. area that does that. I would love to see it though..I could get my fix once a month while trying to figure out what boat to buy. Gas and insurance are the major dilemas now, or here in Fla. anyway.
Old 03-25-2006, 09:40 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Speed2Lead
Back to the subject "Perf. Boat rentals" is their such a thing? I don't know of anyone in the central Fla. area that does that. I would love to see it though..I could get my fix once a month while trying to figure out what boat to buy. Gas and insurance are the major dilemas now, or here in Fla. anyway.
I just thought in an area where you can rent a Ferrari, you should be able to rent a performance boat in the boat capital of the world.
Old 03-25-2006, 10:05 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck
I just thought in an area where you can rent a Ferrari, you should be able to rent a performance boat in the boat capital of the world.
What about Aqua Toy Store over on that "other coast" ? LOL
I would think that what a rental would cost including hauling , prep, fuel, insurance, cleanup and haul back would be in the stratosphere. Also who pays when it breaks ? Better just to jump on with some of us and save yourself a lot of hassle.

Quick Reply: Boat won't be ready for Sarasota. Help!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.