Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Balls people have to quote a $$ than raise it (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/123685-balls-people-have-quote-%24%24-than-raise.html)

clearcut3 03-01-2006 08:05 AM

Re: Balls people have to quote a $$ than raise it

Expose them and move on. Make them explain why they did this.

Roger 1 03-01-2006 08:13 AM

Bait and switch. Walk away and tell them to ''kiss`ya where the good Lord split `ya''.

wrinkleface 03-01-2006 08:22 AM

Been on the receiving end of "change of minds" also!! Some people in this industry R real Gems! The electric cord to the family jewels should B used a little more!! :mad:

BAJA WILL 03-01-2006 08:22 AM

Had the same thing happen at a dealer in ft lauderdale, after we drove down from VA to pick the boat up, talk about pissed :mad: needless to say we walked away and told the guy where he could go.

WILL

pachangalpina 03-01-2006 09:20 AM

wow...the Beav really gets around.

Chris288 03-01-2006 09:24 AM

I almost walked away from the sunsation dealer, two weeks before we were supposed to take delivery of our 05. They quoted me a price and after all was said and done told me it was going to be 2,500 more.. I was pissed but paid it.. I should have told them to stuff it !! But the guys at the factory were so accomodating and spent a lot of time getting the boat exactlyt the way we wanted it..

pullmytrigger 03-01-2006 09:37 AM

Had my boat insurance co. give me a "quote"........I went into the office and paid the whole thing in full.....one shot......then two months laterI get a note in the mail that they screwed up and I owe them another $375, promptly come in and pay it please!!!! :mad: :mad:

I told the agent Im not paying it........I said you do not tell someone they have payed a bill in full then turn around and say they owe you more........especially two months later!!!......its your problem!!!
I said to her......"Im anHVAC contractor......I come to your house......do a bunch of work.......submit you a bill........you pay it in full.......what would you say to me if I showed up on your door 2 mos. later and said you owe me more?????.......Youd tell me to take a hike!!!......she begrudgingly agreed with me

But!!....for the next 6mos they kept sending me notes about the $375.......then thecollections agency got involved.......gave them the above scenario and he agreed with me too, callled the company and told them I would not be renewing the policy.......notes kept coming.......finallly got the owner of the ins co on the phone after many messages (who has a 33 Daytona BTW.......thats how I came to his co. in the first place) and told him I wasnt paying and asked him......."Does the girl who screwed up get a paycheque?????.........TAKE IT OFF OF HERS!!!"

He took care of it but scowelled at me at the last Poker Run I saw him at.......Eff him bigtime.......So......he lost the policy and never did get his money......a lose/ lose outcome......be responsibile for your actions for god sake.......hopefully he learned something from that......doug

Semper Fi 03-01-2006 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by pullmytrigger
Had my boat insurance co. give me a "quote"........I went into the office and paid the whole thing in full.....one shot......then two months laterI get a note in the mail that they screwed up and I owe them another $375, promptly come in and pay it please!!!! :mad: :mad:

I told the agent Im not paying it........I said you do not tell someone they have payed a bill in full then turn around and say they owe you more........especially two months later!!!......its your problem!!!
I said to her......"Im anHVAC contractor......I come to your house......do a bunch of work.......submit you a bill........you pay it in full.......what would you say to me if I showed up on your door 2 mos. later and said you owe me more?????.......Youd tell me to take a hike!!!......she begrudgingly agreed with me

But!!....for the next 6mos they kept sending me notes about the $375.......then thecollections agency got involved.......gave them the above scenario and he agreed with me too, callled the company and told them I would not be renewing the policy.......notes kept coming.......finallly got the owner of the ins co on the phone after many messages (who has a 33 Daytona BTW.......thats how I came to his co. in the first place) and told him I wasnt paying and asked him......."Does the girl who screwed up get a paycheque?????.........TAKE IT OFF OF HERS!!!"

He took care of it but scowelled at me at the last Poker Run I saw him at.......Eff him bigtime.......So......he lost the policy and never did get his money......a lose/ lose outcome......be responsibile for your actions for god sake.......hopefully he learned something from that......doug

What company is this? We need to know so we can avoid that B.S. I will be looking for boat insurance again soon

Shanghied Again 03-01-2006 10:51 AM

Cigarette 275
Was this on a new boat or used boat? If new on an ordered boat sometimes the manafacture will go up without any warning same with Merc. If its a stock boat the numbers will not go up. Mercury has just raised there prices and fiberglass, resigns and vinyls have gone up due to oil pricing. I just sold boats at the show that I have to honor the sales and have had a 4% Increase without warning. I just sold two boats leftovers at a great price one of my customers wanted the same boat for 2006 at the same price, there was no way I could do that. But like I said if the boat was floor model and was a Pre-Owned boat there is no excuse.

Cat man do 03-01-2006 10:59 AM

I HAVE HERD OF OTHER ELIMINATOR DEALERS DOOING THIS BAIT AND SWITCH. I WILL QUOTE YOU ON THE BOAT YOU WANT OR THE BOAT I HAVE PERIOD NO GIMMICKS NO BULL JUST GOOD DEALS, THE WAY A BUYER EXPECT, NOW IF YOU GO ADDING EXTRAS I UNDERSTAND AN INCREASE . WHO REALLY HAS TIME TO SCREW WITH BS, I WANT TO SELL YOU A BOAT NOT UPSET THE DEAL. MARTY :drink: