Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   What are the best 6.5" Marine speakers? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/123700-what-best-6-5-marine-speakers.html)

BY U BOY 03-01-2006 10:49 AM

Re: What are the best 6.5" Marine speakers?

Diamond Audio And Polk Both Great Speakers Have Used Both In Both Of My Boats And Truck.

hunster 03-01-2006 11:12 AM

I like the diamond stuff too! Not too sure on a boat , the voice coils are open and that is not good in a damp eoviornment. I have used polk in the past but they are prone to blowing the tweets. Clarion separates are bullet proof and sealed for marine.I have 2 sets in the cockpit . Kicker just released their new marine stuff and it is hot! All sealed v/c and spyders on the woofers. Grilles are attached to the speaker basket. The kicker woofers are totally different than last years and they have a cool enclosure too. :drink:

LubeJobs42 03-01-2006 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by fund razor
In fact... I used the Polk components.
Very very happy with them.

For The Polk Audio, Are we talking about a marine line, that sounds good or is it an Automotve speaker (Which is fine for me).

fund razor 03-01-2006 03:49 PM

Both sound good and I have a mix depending on location.

As long as you don't have paper cones... not a big difference in speakers.
Some Marine ones use stainless screws....easy swap.

Marine head units have epoxy coated circuit boards.
Most speakers have very few differences when it comes to car vs. marine.

I have one set of marine version in the cockpit where they are exposed to sun and spray. The rest are non-marine.

BulletProof 03-01-2006 04:46 PM

Check out the DC Gold stuff...formally Babb..they are a single voice coil full range speaker, i am using a pair of 5 1/4's to get the highs i need up in the cockpit. all my other stuff is mounted ankle high and the highs stay down there, these are very bright and impervious to water as long as you rinse em after they get salt spray on them. i also have some of their 10's that i am going to try.

Rebel_Heart 03-01-2006 05:24 PM

I really like my Marine Pioneer's that they quit making a couple of years ago. They play lound and I don't have to worry about the the water! I have four in the cockpit along with 2-10" Infinity subs glassed in under the rear seat. Not a bad sound in such a small area.

RollWithIt 03-01-2006 05:32 PM

If JL is making marine speakers they would be worth checking out. They make a quality product. You can also check out Kicker's marine speakers. I am running 4 Kicker 6 1/2 speakers with an amp and they crank. Nice and clear. I got two Kicker 12's with a second amp to handle the bass. Quality stuff and will hold up to the elements.

Sydwayz 03-01-2006 05:35 PM

I have 8 MB Quart 6.5"s in my boat behind an MB Quart RA4200 Amp (which is in the shop). They sound fantastic. I only have to turn on the subs when the chics are on the back seat, and want to go for a ride while we are tied up. :D :D

chad1 03-01-2006 06:44 PM

bazooka marine is good..the 8 inch speaker rocks

375stinger 03-01-2006 06:58 PM

we have 8 mbquarts and a big mbquart sub, w/ two clarion marine amps and a clarion xmd3 head unit, and it sounds awesome.