Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Post Your motor Pics!!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/123750-post-your-motor-pics.html)

Pantera1 05-26-2006 08:03 AM

Re: Post Your motor Pics!!!!

Electric "Motor"
Internal Combustion "Engine"

Ratickle 05-26-2006 06:41 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Engines from all three.

Boatshopping 05-26-2006 10:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
twins...

SeaRay Jim 05-26-2006 11:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Couldn't find any beige powder coat do some fancy bling to match the boat (Searay) so it's kind of simple but really clean in black and clear coated natural aluminum. :D It's pretty fun to see peoples face when I open the hatch of Stacked Deck and they see this neatly tucked away in there. :drink:

tomcat 05-26-2006 11:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
You guys have some amazing engines. Nice stuff. :D

I don't actually own any engines right now, so I have to get my fix dreaming up new supercharger systems. Shortly after Powerboat's deadline for the June issue, this setup made 1800 HP on Sterling's dyno.

Pantera1 05-27-2006 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by tomcat
You guys have some amazing engines. Nice stuff. :D

I don't actually own any engines right now, so I have to get my fix dreaming up new supercharger systems. Shortly after Powerboat's deadline for the June issue, this setup made 1800 HP on Sterling's dyno.

And thats good for what ..20 hours :D

tomcat 05-27-2006 05:38 PM

Don't jump to conclusions about HP vs reliability. Much of the conventional wisdom out there is based on experience with inefficient blowers and/or inadequate intercoolers. Reducing blower drive losses and greatly reducing intake air temperatures means the engine can achieve higher HP levels without increasing blower speed, engine RPM or the likelihood of detonation.

zt260 05-27-2006 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by tomcat
Don't jump to conclusions about HP vs reliability. Much of the conventional wisdom out there is based on experience with inefficient blowers and/or inadequate intercoolers. Reducing blower drive losses and greatly reducing intake air temperatures means the engine can achieve higher HP levels without increasing blower speed, engine RPM or the likelihood of detonation.

It's the valve train that dies first, not the bottom end. That is if the engine is setup correctly. :drink:

GLH 05-27-2006 07:52 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by TRICK
:d

you tease! :D

MarkSmith 05-28-2006 12:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Wesco Racing Engines