Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Fuel Prices and Boating (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/123763-fuel-prices-boating.html)

hunster 03-01-2006 07:39 PM

Re: Fuel Prices and Boating

Mr Velocity , I know you have no problem with fuel running to pt pleasant for lunch. Just don't have your crew ask me to go back to his house and get ign parts cuz you lost an engine off sea bright in the ocean! The idle back saved you a lot of fuel! We went to party island. Hope to see you this year ! It's mikes bud John here w/the 29 scarab

CAP071 03-01-2006 07:42 PM

Let me know if you are near Barnegat Inlet. I'll keep an eye open for you if it's my working weekend :drink:

mr_velocity 03-01-2006 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by hunster
Mr Velocity , I know you have no problem with fuel running to pt pleasant for lunch. Just don't have your crew ask me to go back to his house and get ign parts cuz you lost an engine off sea bright in the ocean! The idle back saved you a lot of fuel! We went to party island. Hope to see you this year ! It's mikes bud John here w/the 29 scarab

Learned my lesson. Now I just run with Panther, the way he blows drives I know I'll always be able to get motor parts while he idles home :D

We'll see you this year, need to make the July Dippell Run this year. The boat count has been getting a little thin.

The Menace 03-01-2006 08:57 PM

Plane fuel is around $4.00 a gallon. I think I am getting a real bargain when 93 octane is less than $3.00.

I love running the boats and I love flying the plane. I have NO other vices so I do not care.

You cannot put a price on having fun and boating.

epeek 03-01-2006 09:06 PM

3 years ago 100 bucks took me thru the weekend. Now its 300 and I really
dont go that far.Mainly up to the bay and hang with Otis311. Over
to a couple of resturants and back home. The price Sucks,but not
boating would suck worse.

GeoGraphics 03-01-2006 09:20 PM

I agree, not boating would suck. It may just come with a higher price. I also agree with the rule, "If you care about the fuel, you shouldn't have a Performance boat" . We will see where this goes. Thanx for the replies!

offshoredrillin 03-02-2006 04:57 AM

like I posted last year, its all relative...You pay 6.00 for a frozen drink in a restuarant with an oz of alcohol,bottled water is 1.69 for a 20oz bottle. theoretically speaking alcohol and water are more expensive than gas per gallon, we all drink one or the other. :)..I hav 2 120 gallon tanks that are filled every weekend:D

offthefront 03-02-2006 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
like I posted last year, its all relative...You pay 6.00 for a frozen drink in a restuarant with an oz of alcohol,bottled water is 1.69 for a 20oz bottle. theoretically speaking alcohol and water are more expensive than gas per gallon, we all drink one or the other. :)..I hav 2 120 gallon tanks that are filled every weekend:D

good thing you dont drink 50gal/hr of water ! .... :drink:

sonic28 03-02-2006 07:29 AM

its still cheaper then my ex wife!!!!!!!!!!!

BAJA WILL 03-02-2006 08:03 AM

OK I am 29 and while I can afford my hobby when gas goes from $1.85 to over $3.00 a gallon in like six months it did slow me down, I am in the process of buying a 100-150gallon tank to transport gas to my dock. OH and I stopped picking up freeloaders :drink: ASS GRASS OR GASS NO ONE RIDES FOR FREE :eek:

"its still cheaper then my ex wife!!!!!!!!!!!" its why I am still single
WILL