Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Miami Vice Promo Boat Appearance Prices? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/123801-miami-vice-promo-boat-appearance-prices.html)

ferraristyle 03-03-2006 10:05 AM

Re: Miami Vice Promo Boat Appearance Prices?

Originally Posted by mbowers
I liked the show back in the day, but no way in hell would I go out of my way to see the boat. Sorry. I would sure like to know what kind of businesses would be willing to hire at your mentioned rates. Just my 2 cents.....

Keep in mind I have a great window opening: Miami Vice The Movie....whicih means clothing, reruns of Vice on TV, marketing, etc.

My list of target customers for guest appearances of the boat include:

Grand Openings
Fund Raisers
Festivals
Car Shows
Boat Shows
Marine Motor Dealerships
Trade Shows
Retail Store Events
Corporate Gatherings
Parades
Toy Fairs
Car Dealership Promotions
Boat Dealership Promotions
Live Radio & TV Remotes
Bars and Nightclubs
Movie Theaters
Parties and Weddings
Poker Runs

Fact: Studies show that people remember EXPERIENCES more than fancy graphics. With the Miami Vice Scarab, future clients engage in a stimulating experience with music, fog, lights and strobes, flat screen TV's; all emanating from the most famous boats of all time! The vehicle produces smiles from everyone who views it, sparking their imaginations or perhaps fond memories of being Sonny Crocket or staring in Miami Vice. How many of you got hooked on boating after seening the Miami Vice Scarab? For me the MV Scarab was my introduction to Go Fast boating

Also you want to create an experience to mark a certain event. Businesses spend thousands just to have some spotlights dance across the sky. Ask yourself the following questions about creating a memorable experience:

* What will attract people to your space or business?
* What will create an exciting buzz.?
* What will produce an emotional response in viewers?
* What will people remember and talk about, long after they have returned home?

When I rent out the Miami Vice Scarab all four goals are accomplished almost instantly!
Think of it like a celebrity appearance. Celebrity appearances are an effective way to draw a crowd, but the cost can be substantial. Celebrities then may only agree to appear for just a few hours. This will require booth operators to spend additional money on advanced advertising to lure people to their booth during that narrow window of opportunity. This can put a strain on your schedule, causing you to be 'swamped' all at once by a crowd and not allowing you sufficient time to give each and every client personal attention.

Then of course there are also horror stories about some celebrities who are difficult to work with. (Believe me I know this to be true as I used to be involved with celebrity guest relations when I worked with QVC) While this may be rare, a few may present real problems that you never bargained for.
With the most famous TV boat appearing in your event, guests can enjoy being close to a 'Celebrity Boat' throughout the entire duration of the event, with no worries or anxiety about missing it!

Use the boat as the ultimate 'ice-breaker', adapting their enthusiasm for the vehicle into your introductions and company's information. Linking your business with a positive experience awill produce lasting results, and incorporating our spectacular 'time-proven' display can do just that.

DollaBill 03-03-2006 10:23 AM

Correct me f I am wrong, but these are the little 21's, right?

Miami Vice will be huge, no question. I am planning a few big events for some friends and clients. HeII, OSO Steve and I ran the OSO Gladiator as the SBI pace boat for the race that was filmed for and in the movie. So, I get the hype. Just not your idea.

But, good luck with it.

Semper Fi 03-03-2006 10:37 AM

Do whatever you want, go for it and see if you can get $$ for the boat making appearences. :D I personally wouldn't care. Although you do have a piece of "Hollywood" history, not really boating history.

I think that vehicles, doesn't matter what they are....it's crazy when people buy something and ask more money for it because some celebrity owned the vehicle...whoop-de F*cking- do :D

ChrisK 03-03-2006 10:40 AM

I dont remember that boat at all... I remember the larger scarab.. but not a small one.

BY U BOY 03-03-2006 10:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Ferraristyle, I Understand Your Thinking As I Own The Scarab 21 Excell That Was Used In The 91 Season Of Bay Watch. I Don't Think That Its Is Worth The Time Or Effort That Will Be Involved In Trying To Accomplish What You Want To Accomplish. (make Money) Plus I Think People Want To See The Boats That Are In The New Movie, And I'm Sure The Owners Of Those Crafts Have Already Capitalized On All Of This. Just My .02 .

BLee 03-03-2006 10:56 AM

One of my best friends owns the actual Cafe Racer that was in 007 "License to Kill" (paperwork and all). It makes for a cool story at the docks or party cove but nobody's standing in line with money to see it. (maybe a beer for a ride though :drink:)

BY U BOY 03-03-2006 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by TwinStepGun
One of my best friends owns the actual Cafe Racer that was in 007 "License to Kill" (paperwork and all). It makes for a cool story at the docks or party cove but nobody's standing in line with money to see it. (maybe a beer for a ride though :drink:)

EXACTLY USE THE BOAT FOR WHAT YOU PURCHASED IT FOR TO HAVE FUN.

rsess 03-03-2006 11:14 AM

Well just to help you out in your quest, I noticed the Dukes of Hazard Cars were trotted around to auto shows and fairs this fall. But they usually had a girl dressed up as Daisy Duke played by Jessica Simpson. I think they paid more for the girl than the car. Good Luck. Who is starring in this movie?

GREEK LIGHTNING 03-03-2006 11:20 AM

I dont remember that boat in the series either. I think your boat was used at Universal Studios in Orlando for their stunt show years ago. I recall them using something like that. Are you saying it was in the tv show? Being a huge fan of Miami Vice I still wouldnt make a great effort, if any, to see your boat. Not trying to beat you up about your effort but I dont think there will be much if any interest.

ratman 03-03-2006 11:21 AM

I Own The Scarab 21 Excell That Was Used In The 91 Season Of Bay Watch
does the seat that pamela anderson sat on still smell like dead fish?