Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   My New Avanti Motor Allmost done!!!!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/123842-my-new-avanti-motor-allmost-done.html)

FloridianSon 03-02-2006 08:29 PM

Re: My New Avanti Motor Allmost done!!!!!!

Looks sweet.A pic of the boat if you please.I also run a 93 27' Avanti.with a lightly mod 502.Fast fun have you ever done any scuba diving on lake George. Have some friends there and they took me down to see the Radeau.Way kool. :drink:

SOX 03-02-2006 08:41 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I always like the looks of this 26'

BTW that motor looks great! :evilb:

fastedy 03-02-2006 08:46 PM

I hve talked to Ray, just wondering what my options would be on a 496, what parts would bolt to this platform etc.
Do not wantto go the blower rout.

bowtie 03-03-2006 06:23 AM

Sox, that's a 27 not a 26. Dennis sold Avanti to Egg Harbor Yachts in Egg Harbor NJ. There's a story in Boating Industry online. Should be pretty good quality they make some nice boats there, Davis, Topaz and Egg Harbor.

CAP071 03-03-2006 06:34 AM

Marine Finance
EH Yachts acquires Avanti Powerboats

Boating Industry
Friday February 24, 2006

EGG HARBOR CITY, N.J. - EH Yachts, manufacturers of Egg Harbor Yachts, Davis Yachts, Predator and Topaz, has acquired Avanti Powerboats, the company recently reported.

With the purchase of Avanti, EH adds high performance powerboats to its now five-fleet lineup and allows it to diversify from the sportfishers that have dominated its production lines.

Avanti Powerboats has been manufacturing pleasure craft and fish boats for over 20 years. At present, the available sizes are 22, 26, 27, 33 and 39 feet.

“Like our previous acquisitions, this is a new direction for our company; however, one that fits perfectly into our overall business plan to diversify our offerings,” said Dr. Ira Trocki, owner of EH Yachts. “We have the facility, workers and knowledge to build tough, high performing offshore boats.”

The acquisition is the latest in the buying strategy of Trocki, who purchased Egg Harbor Yachts in 1999, and since has aggressively expanded the company lines.

In 2001, Predator yachts was purchased, followed closely by the Davis Line of Sportfishers in 2003. Most recently, Topaz Boats was purchased in October of 2005.

Along with the recent addition of the new yacht companies, EH Yachts has added 25 additional employees to its newly expanded manufacturing facility

SOX 03-03-2006 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by bowtie
Sox, that's a 27 not a 26. Dennis sold Avanti to Egg Harbor Yachts in Egg Harbor NJ. There's a story in Boating Industry online. Should be pretty good quality they make some nice boats there, Davis, Topaz and Egg Harbor.

My fault, That boat is listed as their 26' on the website. Thanks for the update on the sale of the company. I hope they do well.

FloridianSon 03-03-2006 05:01 PM

Sox I would be willing to bet that that is not the 27

SOX 03-03-2006 05:35 PM

C'mon guys let's see some pics!!!! of these Avanti's :evilb:

TeamSaris 03-03-2006 07:30 PM

3 Attachment(s)
:cool: Well you asked. Its being restored.

bowtie 03-03-2006 08:51 PM

FlordianSon, want to bet on that? Picture on the right, that's me driving. It's a 27.