Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   what is the going $$ for 502 MPIs (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/123955-what-going-%24%24-502-mpis.html)

Dean Ferry 03-04-2006 06:33 AM

what is the going $$ for 502 MPIs

1 Attachment(s)
Looking @ selling my 1998 502 MPIs with Gaffrig K+N filters, the rest is stock and they are in EXCELLENT shape w/ approx 300 hours.
Here is a pic before I installed the Gaffrig air cleaners.
Thanks,
Dean

R Addiction 03-04-2006 09:13 AM

Re: what is the going $$ for 502 MPIs

Dean ...When you figure it out pm me. :D

Dean Ferry 03-04-2006 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by R Addiction

R,
Are you looking for 1 or 2 ?
Thanks,
Dean

onesickpantera 03-04-2006 05:23 PM

Dean, I take it you are looking to sell the 502s and pick up a pair of HP500s? I thought you were selling a couple HP500s from your post on the other thread on what 1997 HP500s are worth.

Just asking because I may be looking for a HP500 myself.

Maritime_Eng 03-04-2006 08:30 PM

Dean-

Why would you take out EFI motors and put in HP 500's? You can build 500hp out of a 502 MPI really easy. I think this would be a step backwards. Of course this is just my opinon.

Don

cuda 03-04-2006 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by R Addiction

John, if you want one, I may be interested in the other.

DanB 03-05-2006 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by dgduck13
Dean-

Why would you take out EFI motors and put in HP 500's? You can build 500hp out of a 502 MPI really easy. I think this would be a step backwards. Of course this is just my opinon.

Don

Hi Dean

I'm moving up your way next month, maybe see ya on the river this year.
I agree with the above statement. The motors in my Cafe were warmed up with just a cam change, ecm tune, and some head work. Made 515HP on the dyno easy. Better to do it that way and you'll have motors you know and will be brand new. I would never buy a used motor and put it in without taking it apart first. I dont care who you get it from you never know whats inside till you look. If you need some help let me know, Ive built several of them.
Dan
BTW...in ans to your question.....3-3500K undressed. You can get new for around 6K

Dean Ferry 03-05-2006 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by DanB
Hi Dean

I'm moving up your way next month, maybe see ya on the river this year.
I agree with the above statement. The motors in my Cafe were warmed up with just a cam change, ecm tune, and some head work. Made 515HP on the dyno easy. Better to do it that way and you'll have motors you know and will be brand new. I would never buy a used motor and put it in without taking it apart first. I dont care who you get it from you never know whats inside till you look. If you need some help let me know, Ive built several of them.
Dan
BTW...in ans to your question.....3-3500K undressed. You can get new for around 6K

Dan,
COOOLLLLL! Where are you moving to? The Hp500s are from a very good friend, and I know the exact history of them, in fact I drove/tested about 1/2 of the hours that are on them now. I figure if I can do the deal, I'm going to buy the HP 500's first and have them gone thru, and they will be good as new! I just saw an ad in the classified for my exact motor, 70 hrs less running time, for $7700! :eek:
I'm thinking a more realistic # is $6000-6500 apiece, full dress. They are in AWESOME shape and ready to go.
Let me know when you are moving Dan, maybe we can give you a hand, if I'm in town. It would be great to have you and the family up here to hang with! You have to come over to the TIKI bar for an adult beverage, on us of course! :drink:
Dean

BTW, we are going with a small group, (that is getting bigger everyday) to Hontoon's on the St. Johns River for Memorial day weekend, you are more than welcome. We are staying @ www.hontoon.com

R Addiction 03-05-2006 07:36 AM

Dean , I'm interested in one and Cuda may be interested in the other.... If the price is right :D

DanB 03-05-2006 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by Dean Ferry
Dan,
COOOLLLLL! Where are you moving to? The Hp500s are from a very good friend, and I know the exact history of them, in fact I drove/tested about 1/2 of the hours that are on them now. I figure if I can do the deal, I'm going to buy the HP 500's first and have them gone thru, and they will be good as new! I just saw an ad in the classified for my exact motor, 70 hrs less running time, for $7700! :eek:
I'm thinking a more realistic # is $6000-6500 apiece, full dress. They are in AWESOME shape and ready to go.
Let me know when you are moving Dan, maybe we can give you a hand, if I'm in town. It would be great to have you and the family up here to hang with! You have to come over to the TIKI bar for an adult beverage, on us of course! :drink:
Dean

BTW, we are going with a small group, (that is getting bigger everyday) to Hontoon's on the St. Johns River for Memorial day weekend, you are more than welcome. We are staying @ www.hontoon.com

Dean
Moving to DeBary...about a mile from the launch ramp on the St Johns. Should be in Apr 4. Got the movers all lined up. If all goes as planned meeting on Mem day should be no problem.

Dan