Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Memorial day Weekend on St. Johns River (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/123994-memorial-day-weekend-st-johns-river.html)

DanB 03-08-2006 12:16 PM

Re: Memorial day Weekend on St. Johns River

I've used the Sanford ramp and its excellent but a bit of a pain to get to thru Sanford. Dont know about overnite parking. Havent used the ramp at the end of my road yet but Cuda says a 40 can get in and out. I would think it would take a 4 wheeler to pull that off. I may have some room at my place to stash a rig or 2 and I'm just up the road. We'll see how it goes at time gets closer.

Dean Ferry 03-08-2006 06:01 PM

DanB,
Thanks for the offer, might have to take you up on it. I'm still thinking about using the SR 44 ramp. Might have to drive up one of these weekends and check it out. I really don't want to launch in Sanford and IDLE all the way to Hontoon's! :mad:
Cuda,
Have you ever launched the Formula at the SR44 ramp?
Dean

Dean Ferry 03-08-2006 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by cuda
Oops, just reread the post. It'a about 17 miles from Astor to Deland bridge. There is absolutely nothing along the way, just beautiful undeveloped land The Ocala National Forest on the west side, and Lake Woodruff National Wildlife Sanctuary on the east side. No idle zones in between.

Cuda is right, that is one of the most beautiful boat rides I have ever taken! :D Obviously, we are coming back to do it again! :drink:
Dean

cuda 03-08-2006 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by Dean Ferry
DanB,
Thanks for the offer, might have to take you up on it. I'm still thinking about using the SR 44 ramp. Might have to drive up one of these weekends and check it out. I really don't want to launch in Sanford and IDLE all the way to Hontoon's! :mad:
Cuda,
Have you ever launched the Formula at the SR44 ramp?
Dean

Nope, I've only launched it at Astor.

Slick02 03-08-2006 07:56 PM

I've used the 44 ramp for years, its a little steep. but if the water level is down you just load the trailer a little shallower on the ramp so the bow has to come up over the bow stop.I've loaded/unloaded everything from a Baja h2x to a 34ft PQ Vyper and half a dozen boats in between..Just my two cents worth.

Dean Ferry 03-09-2006 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by Slick02
I've used the 44 ramp for years, its a little steep. but if the water level is down you just load the trailer a little shallower on the ramp so the bow has to come up over the bow stop.I've loaded/unloaded everything from a Baja h2x to a 34ft PQ Vyper and half a dozen boats in between..Just my two cents worth.

Yeah,
That's what I'm going to try also.
Dean

CAVelocity 03-09-2006 01:13 PM

I've had no problems at the 44 ramp.... but the biggest thing I've launched there is 32'.

BajaBennett 03-10-2006 07:37 AM

I can see that Dean & I will be making taking ride to check out the ramps soon. Thanks guys for all the input regarding ramps in the area. The more the better. The last thing we need is traouble at the ramp.

Dail

DanB 03-10-2006 07:29 PM

I just spotted a ramp at the mouth of the river and lk Monroe today. Its on the east side of 17/92 going north. Looked pretty good from the road. Dont know what its called.
If you head for the ramp on Highbanks after apr 4 stop by and say high. You'll be going right past my drive way. Email for the #

cuda 03-10-2006 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by DanB
I just spotted a ramp at the mouth of the river and lk Monroe today. Its on the east side of 17/92 going north. Looked pretty good from the road. Dont know what its called.
If you head for the ramp on Highbanks after apr 4 stop by and say high. You'll be going right past my drive way. Email for the #

Dan, that's the county park I was talking about. VERY nice ramps there.

There is also a public ramp on the west side of the bridge.