Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Memorial day Weekend on St. Johns River (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/123994-memorial-day-weekend-st-johns-river.html)

Shorgasm 04-18-2006 02:08 PM

Re: Memorial day Weekend on St. Johns River

Dean, I don't get down to the 44 exit.I live up north of that one a bit..I heard it is nice but I like the Astor ramp.Aside from some newer peeps it is a good parking area to leave you truck and trailer at..

I do remember seeing the Fountian.You where leaving when we got there I think..a velocity and a Scarab parked right there when you left.....Terry

cuda 04-18-2006 05:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The water is still REAL low in the river. There's a pvc pole in the canal behind the house. Two weeks ago, the pole was high and dry, then when it rained a bit about a week ago, it was up past the pole, now, today, it's lower than it was before. I think there is still plenty of water to launch there. I only live a half mile from that ramp. I may launch there this weekend. I just an hour ago brought the Minx home after ANOTHER engine transplant, so I might go test smoke it this weekend. My driveway was looking empty last week, the yellow Formula, and the Minx were both at the Boat Hospital. The Formula was the organ donor for the Minx engine. I started it up when I got home, sounds good. :)

My driveway is still short two boats, the 302 and the Checkmate are still down there on consignment.

UNSANE 04-18-2006 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Shorgasm
Dean, I don't get down to the 44 exit.I live up north of that one a bit..I heard it is nice but I like the Astor ramp.Aside from some newer peeps it is a good parking area to leave you truck and trailer at..

I do remember seeing the Fountian.You where leaving when we got there I think..a velocity and a Scarab parked right there when you left.....Terry

Yes, there was a twin engine 28 Sonic and a red something, maybe a Scarab with the hatch open. Asked the guy if all was good, he said he pulled some mud up there and overheated. He was doing the "let it settle" method. Ok, I think I remember now, but if you said hi, I couldn't hear you :drink: ME NO GOT NO STINKIN MUFFLERS!!! and that's the way I like it :evilb: :evilb:

Looks like I'm going to stay in the area Mem day weekend too.

Shorgasm 04-18-2006 07:58 PM

Ahh....the red Scarab..dude ended up being cool but came into the no wake zone at about 60mph and never let off till he got about 100yrds from the run...He was about 20yrds off my port and it pissed me off a bit but I figured I'd watch the show as I was showing 3ft where I was...we caught up to him in the run about half way and he was having heat issues...I followed him in to make sure he was alright...I was sporadically dragging my drive halfway up at idle.I can imagine what he dredged when he came off plane.

We'll be out memorial Fri night till Sun. evening...Got my little Honda generator all set-up so I'll be comfy in the A/C. with the girls..:drink:

This weekend we'll be out Sat. day and stay till Sun afternoon..stop by if ya'll get the chance...I'm Terry.

UNSANE 04-18-2006 09:19 PM

Nothing this weekend for me, doing oil changes and other maintenance and going to try to get depth finder ticking. Think it's the crushed wire, it was reading 536 ft last time out. Now next weekend is a definite. Should meet up with some friends at the Glen. Some of them still haven't seen the thing yet. Also, John (Audio FN) is doing an install in Ocala and will be here from the 23rd to the 28th. Going to try to drag him out along with a few others. I will be out for Mem day, but I have shows Sat night and sun morning (Gospel people pay $$$$) and won't get back into the water until the afternoon. Not sure I want to leave the boat tied up all that time but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. Name is Gregg, here's my number 407-325-5756, see you around Terry!

Dean Ferry 04-19-2006 07:11 AM

Cool,
Sounds like it going to be a GREAT Time!

Cuda,
Let us know how the TEST LAUNCH at the SR44 Bat ramp goes! :eek:

Shor,
I doubt we can make it back into the 'Glen if the water level doesn't come up before the Memorial day weekend! :( But we'll be around for 5 days on the river and the lake, we'll meet up for sure.
Dean

Poorsche 04-24-2006 12:46 PM

The river being low may just keep boats from going in the Glen right? Will still be able to navigate from DeLand or Debary with no depth problems?

I went over last weekend and checked the Deland ramp, the Debary ramp and the ramp at 17/92 Cuda mentioned and the ramps at the SwampRat campground place. They were a littel steep but not threatning it didn't seem.

Hopefully the trip is still on--I want to get my "new" center console on the river--to flush the salt water out of the engines--

Dean Ferry 04-24-2006 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Poorsche
The river being low may just keep boats from going in the Glen right? Will still be able to navigate from DeLand or Debary with no depth problems?

I went over last weekend and checked the Deland ramp, the Debary ramp and the ramp at 17/92 Cuda mentioned and the ramps at the SwampRat campground place. They were a littel steep but not threatning it didn't seem.

Hopefully the trip is still on--I want to get my "new" center console on the river--to flush the salt water out of the engines--

Poorsche,
Oh yeah, this trip is still on! :D , 1 month and counting baby!!! :drink: The SR44 ramp is steep, but that's why I payed the extra $$ for the FX4 option in my new F-350! :D
Hope to see you up there for the holiday weekend

We were down around Dragon Point yesterday in the Nordic, water and weather was AWESOME! .

Dean

BajaBennett 04-24-2006 03:02 PM

Poorsche,
This should be a great weekend for all of us, "CAN'T WAIT". I hope we have a goood turn out of OSO'ers.

Dail

Poorsche 04-24-2006 05:29 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I just remebered a few pictures of Deland and 17/92 ramps I took when I was over there--

First picture is 17/92 and second one is the Deland ramp.

Problem at Deland might be for "longer" boats. The Park attendant at 17/92 said the ramps concrete extended at least 8 feet past the low water.

I may take my boat (26' center console) over there one day this week and put up another update.