Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Performance Boat Charters--- LOTO? >

Performance Boat Charters--- LOTO?

Notices

Performance Boat Charters--- LOTO?

Old 04-05-2006, 07:40 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Performance Boat Charters--- LOTO?

Just wondering if you guys think a 50 nortech v would be well recieved as a party charter vessel at loto, thinking of hiring a liscensed captain and chartering the thing. what would be a fair price per day , weekend and I assume fuel would be extra, just wondering, I see a few charters already.
Old 04-05-2006, 07:49 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Performance Boat Charters--- LOTO?

I Know Down Here In South Florida There Geting Close To 200$ A Person Per Hour For A Smaller Boat If That Give You Any Idea . I Would Say Flat Rate Of 4 To 500 An Hour +gas Or Cheaper By The Full Day Or Weekend
Old 04-05-2006, 08:13 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Now personally I think this is a great idea. I've tried to set up a performance boat charter here in southern Virginia. I'm a licensed captain and already run a fishing charter business. However,,,,,here is the kicker. Regardless of the lack of claims after years of operating my own charter business, as soon as you say "performance boat", the insurance companies - and I've tried all of them believe me - run away as fast as they can. The cost to insure the boat - cheap - the cost for liability - no one will underwrite. Too many "accidents" over the past 2 years involving performance boats is what they tell me. So,,,I hope you can do it, and if you do, let me know whom will write the insurance paper for you because I've found no one who will touch an over-55mph boat as a charter platform. Good luck!

Captain Len.
Old 04-07-2006, 08:44 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FYI, There as a guy running a 43 Baja charter around the 21 mm. It was an older boat and I think he actually lived on a houseboat in a marina around there. He only lasted a year or 2 and his overhead was probably A LOT less than the operation of a 50 Nortech.
Gary
Old 04-07-2006, 09:56 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rdoactive
FYI, There as a guy running a 43 Baja charter around the 21 mm. It was an older boat and I think he actually lived on a houseboat in a marina around there. He only lasted a year or 2 and his overhead was probably A LOT less than the operation of a 50 Nortech.
Gary
He was/is hooked up with Mr. Happy from PartyCoveXXX.com fame. The Baja was for sale & has sold or is no longer for sale.
Think of all the DNA on that boat
Old 04-07-2006, 10:19 AM
Banned

Think were going to give it a shot, have the liscensed captain ready to go- 8 people maximum 400$/ hour plus fuel with damage deposit, have the insurance covered, we will charter out of supercat cove /blue moon marina of course. thanks jim
Old 04-07-2006, 10:37 AM
Registered

Lux Man Racing Did The Charter Service At Loto For Several Years In His 40 Outlaw. There Was Another Older 37 Baja At The 7 Mm Right Next To The Horny Toad As Well. Luxman Racing Had His Cards All Over The Lake. He Did A Lot Of The Poker Runs With Charters As Well. I Do Not Recall Prices But I Talked To His Group That Chartered Him For The Franky And Louie's Run And It Was Around $800.00 Good Luck With It.
Old 04-07-2006, 01:49 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Jim check with Glen cove yacht club, they do cruisers and i talked to steve Beeny (he is not at the yacht club anymore) about using my boat, the money would have been OK, but i was worried about the abuse of the boat.

Wild