Notices

2006 CHIEF 42 Warrior

Old 03-06-2006, 03:47 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: 2006 CHIEF 42 Warrior

Originally Posted by sgrady
Thanks for the interest. We are real pleased with the numbers and the performance of the 42. The boat design performs above what we expected. The heritage of the design and the new technology blended together well. It did take some time to sort things out, and to make sure everything was to Sacentti's expectations.

If you have any questions please give us a call or drop us a line. WE would be more than happy to discuss with any of you. Thank you again for the interest, we will keep you posted.

On your website I noticed a 47 model, have you started one. Is it a stretched version of the 42 or a totally different hull. Thanks Jeff
Old 03-06-2006, 07:02 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Semper Fi
Then again, Powerplay is out of business and their boats are still sought after.

I think MIDNIGHT EXPRESS picked up all the POWERPLAY molds....saw a MIDNIGHT EXPRESS / POWERPLAY at the MIAMI show a few weeks back.
Old 03-06-2006, 08:21 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TSPM
I think MIDNIGHT EXPRESS picked up all the POWERPLAY molds....saw a MIDNIGHT EXPRESS / POWERPLAY at the MIAMI show a few weeks back.
They did, but I think they only have the 33' PP mold.
Old 03-06-2006, 09:55 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by sgrady
Thanks for the interest. We are real pleased with the numbers and the performance of the 42. The boat design performs above what we expected. The heritage of the design and the new technology blended together well. It did take some time to sort things out, and to make sure everything was to Sacentti's expectations.

If you have any questions please give us a call or drop us a line. WE would be more than happy to discuss with any of you. Thank you again for the interest, we will keep you posted.
you could at least spell your partners name right...lol
Old 03-06-2006, 10:13 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by SLINGSHOT
you could at least spell your partners name right...lol

Thanks, sticky fingers, it was a late night LOL
Old 03-06-2006, 10:40 AM
Registered

Received 201 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Semper Fi

This new 42' is beautiful, but what is it worth when we don't even know if they will continue to be around?

What is it worth??? The man has been building, rigging and racing boats that have been on the cutting edge for the last 35 years. Who and what exactly are you comparing him to?

Maybe some builder that started in business after Bob had already spent many years with Cigarette. Yes, he was there when the very first Top Gun was made, rigged and then who was picked to throttle the boat....right again it was Bob.

Or maybe some newbie to fast boats after Bob had won multi world championships ......I'm sorry, but when I see comments like this, I really wonder what you use for comparison.
Old 03-06-2006, 11:54 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Top Banana
What is it worth??? The man has been building, rigging and racing boats that have been on the cutting edge for the last 35 years. Who and what exactly are you comparing him to?

Maybe some builder that started in business after Bob had already spent many years with Cigarette. Yes, he was there when the very first Top Gun was made, rigged and then who was picked to throttle the boat....right again it was Bob.

Or maybe some newbie to fast boats after Bob had won multi world championships ......I'm sorry, but when I see comments like this, I really wonder what you use for comparison.
Well said!!!
Old 03-06-2006, 09:18 PM
Registered

The Chief
Attached Thumbnails 2006  CHIEF  42 Warrior-miami-boat-show-2006-071-medium-.jpg  

Last edited by dgrady; 03-06-2006 at 10:03 PM.
Old 03-07-2006, 12:09 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Top Banana

Your sorry? You should be for jumping down my throat. When you see a comment like what? I think I'm entitled to ask a question, or make a legitimate comment, don't you? Maybe everyone doesn't have the same thoughts as you...is that ok? What was I using for comparison? Cheif is not exactly putting out alot of boats, then alot of people are asking here on OSO, what happend to Cheif???

It was a legitimate question, especially with all the turmoil with Apache, Cheif, Active Thunder in the last few years. I was merely asking a question, I was not in any way attacking Mr. Saccenti or his boats or questioning his abilities as a boat builder.

Nuff said

Last edited by Semper Fi; 03-07-2006 at 10:00 AM.
Old 03-07-2006, 11:24 AM
Registered

Received 201 Likes on 80 Posts

[QUOTE=Semper Fi]Your sorry? You should be for jumping down my throat. When you see a comment like what? I think I'm entitled to ask a question, or make a legitimate comment, don't you? Maybe everyone doesn't have the same thoughts as you...is that ok? What was I using for comparison? Cheif is not exactly putting out alot of boats, then alot of people are asking here on OSO, what happend to Cheif???

It was a legitimate question, especially with all the turmoil with Apache, Cheif, Active Thunder in the last few years. I was merely asking a question, I was not in any way attacking Mr. Saccenti or his boats or questioning his abilities as a boat builder.

Semper......When you usd the singular.."What is it worth?" I took that to mean you were questioning this particular boat and by that, it's builder also. I can understand your concern about all the numerous boat companies going and coming, I only addressed the part about this boat and therefore this builder...What is it worth.

I am glad that we both agree that Bob is one of the best....... and I share your opinion that anyone is entitled to ask a legitimate question or make a comment. I hope this explains my thoughts re this a little better.

I also agree with 'nuff said.

Quick Reply: 2006 CHIEF 42 Warrior

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.