Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Best BIG HP motor builder (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/124095-best-big-hp-motor-builder.html)

zt260 03-08-2006 10:16 AM

Re: Best BIG HP motor builder

Originally Posted by OkieTunnel
You guys are killing me! If someone plunks down 700k on a boat it has...STERLINGS, always.

Most of the time that's correct, but Fountain had a lightning at the NYC boat show with Merc 1075's costing over 700K

johnnyboatman 03-08-2006 11:53 AM

how about BOYDS in norman okla.

cstraub 03-08-2006 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by zt260
Now if KE was still actually building....

He, meaning Keith, just ordered a bunch of stuff from us. . .

two-air 03-08-2006 12:12 PM

What about Inovation in Sarasota?? :eek: :eek:

Anarchy Powerboats 03-08-2006 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Havasu Cig
I have not read the whole thread, but I have to throw Bob Teague's name out there. I know more than a few people that have had his motors and had excellent results with them. I know of a couple of 1000's he built that have held together VERY well, and they have been hammered on.

Bob and Larry Peto both deserve mention here for sure.

rainorshine 03-08-2006 04:52 PM

Tyler Crockett ? :rolleyes:

TomFTM 03-08-2006 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by nose candy
So he bought someone elses technology and sells parts.how many offshore engine builder of the year awards does he have?who are these big name turbo builders?sterling, zul, ke,pfaff have another donut.where are my plates?

Ask some of the builders you mentioned above , they will tell you who he is and what he knows . As far as offshore builder of the year awards , I could not tell you . I know he builds alot of motors for the offshore ski race guys on the left coast. Call him up, the guy is very knowledgable.

PS I dont do donuts .

I believe your plates are on a Volkswagon down in El Salvador........ :eek:

Strip Poker 388 03-08-2006 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by TRICK
Surely you guys that are so caustic and defensive in your remarks can understand how there might be a tad bit of confusion????

After all, there are ads all over for KEPP with Keith's picture on them. What are people suppose to think? Not everyone has the good fortune of having a personal relationship with Mr Eickert and knowing the inside scoop.

There's absolutly no doubt Keith Eickert is a great engine builder. There is however a great deal of confusion amongst consumers about where Mr Eickert works. Under the circumstances, I think it's understandable and not particularly worthy of a tongue lashing.

I agree :(

racesdad 03-08-2006 06:56 PM

Innovation Marine Does Some Trck Stuff Too

mrhorsepower1 03-08-2006 07:05 PM

How much would you like?!?! .......... :D :D :D
I agree that there are a small handfull of very talented engine builders in this industry. Sterling Performance, Phaff, Teague, and Keith Eickert which I have been fortunate to become great friends with are in the tops not to mention a few other up and coming names! Keep up the great work guys!! I think we need a engine build off. Dyno and then 200 miles in open water shoot out! :D
Best Regards,
Dean Gellner
Gellner Engineering Marine Power