Performance boat class in Midwest

Notices

Performance boat class in Midwest

Old 03-03-2006, 02:07 PM
Charter Member #139 /Moderator/Platinum Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Performance boat class in Midwest

I have contacted Tres Martin about having one of his classes up here in the Chain of Lake

I need to know if we could generate enough interest for him to come up and do one Anybody game for it?

klaw
Old 03-03-2006, 07:44 PM
Registered

Default Re: Performance boat class in Midwest

I'd look forward to it, absolutely.

Mark S.
Old 03-03-2006, 08:46 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Come on Mark, you just close your eyes and go for it! Dodging fishermen, racing jet ski's, now thats exciting!

OK, I might be interested too.
Old 03-03-2006, 09:01 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bring it to LOTO and I bet Tres would have to stay for a week to get everyone through...
Old 03-03-2006, 09:28 PM
BZ
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

would love to take a look at the course but not for $1,000,000.00 on the chain.......BZ
Old 03-04-2006, 06:37 AM
Registered

For all of you interested please go to our web site www.performanceboatschool.com and fill out the on line application, or E mail us for us to fax you an application. The Mid west could be done in june but first come first serve 4 at the most. I have allready gotten phone call from some of you but getting your dates is what you need to look at , so check your dates. We offer Monday-Tuesday dates or for the that cant get off work so easy we will look at sunday- monday dates. Thanks Tres 352 620 8737
Old 03-04-2006, 06:38 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Harper220
Bring it to LOTO and I bet Tres would have to stay for a week to get everyone through...
It going to be there for Grand and Loto
Old 03-04-2006, 06:39 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Bob Zubik
would love to take a look at the course but not for $1,000,000.00 on the chain.......BZ
Please explain.
Old 03-04-2006, 07:21 AM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think he means not on the Chain of Lakes. Lake Michigan is where it needs to be.

Sounds great. but us farm boys won't be able to make any plans for June.
Old 03-04-2006, 07:42 AM
Charter Member #139 /Moderator/Platinum Member
Charter Member

Originally Posted by Bob Zubik
I started this thread so I will jump in on this

The chain of lakes has prob 35,000 registered boaters on it and at times weekends basially can be very crowded I do most of my boating during the week when the chain is basically deserted the largest lake in the chain is approximatly 3 miles across and between each lake is a small no wake channel the entry to these channel at low water is not tricky but its good for local knowledge on where it gets shallow.
there are marked channels

I have seen more boats run agound in the ocean then in the chain but I have seen more dinged props on the chain then the ocean.

The most famous spot is Blarney Island on Grass lake they have thurday drag boat race there are numerous write ups in national magazines. From my house on the fox river it is a few mile run to the first lake whic is pistakee this lake has a max depth of 25 feet from there the next larger lake is fo which has a simmilar depth. The reasons people do not like the chain is it can get crowdwed oin the weekends and also if you dont know the areas there are spots that can ve shallow.

I enjoy boating on lake michigan and do numerous times a year I have had a 1400 mile vacation on my boat including going through the lock and entering Lake Suoerior in fact the chain is a small body of water for boat like mine and other. I know these are offshore boat in fact when ever I get the usually questions aboutt a race I say sue meet me on Lake Michigan and is a solo run to Makinaw islad that is offshore racin I have made that solo crossin twice so I am comfortable with it. Many fellow boater dont ever leave the chain.

But my boat is on a lift behind the house and I can be in the water and moving within 15 minutes of arriveing home from work and have dinner at a differeent resteruant ever day of teh month.

As in ant body of water speed and alcohol are a danger here but this iw a weekend and thursday night issue. The most crowded itmes are weekend fron noon to 6. allother tine its pretty much wide open. I never have a drop to dink on the boat an deveryone who rides with me is well versed in rules of conduct on the boat.

I started thsi thread because with the time to get to florida and peoples limited free time the determing factor on if some one could take it may be the ability to travel to where you have it;
Its not the case for me as I can travel anywhere in the world on the company I work for . In fact Tres I have customers in Lady Lake and was intending on signing up fro a class around atrip to see them as I think they are not to far from you.
If this get to lets bash the boating location I will gladly pull the thread and take Tres course at another location.

If this class come to fruition fine if not I will still take the class
If thats the case if you are ever in the area the invitation stands for you to spend a day up here and get a tour of our much malighned body of water

Thanks for the email Tres looking forward to taking your class thgis summer somewhere.

By the way thread can go on this board I figure I will be pulling this on before the wekend is over

Quick Reply: Performance boat class in Midwest

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.