Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
What's the best Spray and Wipe Fiberglass Boat Cleaner? >

What's the best Spray and Wipe Fiberglass Boat Cleaner?

Notices

What's the best Spray and Wipe Fiberglass Boat Cleaner?

Old 04-18-2006, 01:21 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts
Default Re: What's the best Spray and Wipe Fiberglass Boat Cleaner?

Fiberglass & Non-Skid

Fiberglass And Non-Skid Deck Instructions:

Wash the boat and leave the deck wet.

Spray Woody Wax on to a soft deck brush and brush onto the the deck. As it hits the water, it will begin to bead and run towards the rear of the boat. Only respray the brush when you see it stop coming off the brush and apply to entire deck (or entire boat if desired). Use caution as decks and fiberglass will become slick until the surface is rinsed.

After appyling to entire area go back to the point you startes and rebrush the area just to be sure all the water is off. This rebrush spreads out any remaining water and evaporates it quickly, and also insures an even coat of wax over the entire area. (It should be dry of water and it will look and feel different than it did with the water on the deck). This rebrush is usually very quick and you shouldn't have to add anymore Woody Wax unless your gel coat was extremely weathered.

Starting at the bow, rinse the area you standing on (if in bare feet you will feel the deck go from a little slick to very stiff under foot). At this point, work your way to the stern rinsing in front of you so your feet don't reapply the wax to the areas already rinsed.

After rinsing entire area and allowing a few minutes for most of the water to run off, use cotton towels to dry the boat (you are actually buffing a light film of hard wax as you dry with the towels) as the towels get wet. I usually ring them and throw a couple on the deck and just with my feet I can buff and dry the nonskid.

You will find washing becomes more like rinsing as nothing sticks to your deck, even dried fish blood comes off with just water. Your boat will no longer have to go through the maintenance roller coaster of detailing and deteriorating, (waxing every three months). With the swipe of a deck brush it will be 100% waxed all of the time.

If you care about the appearance and condition of the boat you worked hard for, you will appreciate the effectiveness of this simple to use hard working product!

"A Little Woody Goes A Long Way":

Don't use too much Woody Wax when applying to fiberglass. When applying to fiberglass, 10-12 trigger pulls will do the non-skid on a 25-30 foot center console - approximately 1 ounce (costing approximately $1.50 per application).

Removing Woody Wax:

While removing excess Woody Wax with water from fiberglass and non-skid decks remember to work from top to bottom and from the bow to the stern. This keeps the removed waxes from being reapplied to areas already cleaned of excess wax. Only a dull haze should be on the surface that is air drying. If shiny patches are present re-rinse with plenty of water.
Old 04-21-2006, 04:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds too much like work!
Old 04-22-2006, 09:52 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Originally Posted by frenzy
Sounds too much like work!
Don't get me wrong I like your products a lot and use them all the time but since when is washing your boat with a deck brush and wiping it dry too much work? I do it every time I go out!
Old 04-22-2006, 10:01 AM
Registered

You misread it. I didn't say it sounded like TOO much work. I said it sounded too MUCH like work.
Old 04-22-2006, 03:12 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

You misread it. I didn't say it sounded like TOO much work. I said it sounded too MUCH like work.
It's all good!
Old 04-22-2006, 04:41 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

A little trailer maintenace
Attached Thumbnails What's the best Spray and Wipe Fiberglass Boat Cleaner?-jeff-drinking-crown-2.jpg   What's the best Spray and Wipe Fiberglass Boat Cleaner?-jeff-drinking-crown-waxing-trailer.jpg  
Old 04-22-2006, 04:47 PM
Registered

I love thos pics, Jeff!! You rock!

Missed you and Sandy at the end of the Miami Show. Guess I should send her the spray bottles. Didn't remember until I saw your post. Tell her they'll go out Monday morning (with a little something extra).
Old 04-22-2006, 05:17 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

I love thos pics, Jeff!! You rock!

Missed you and Sandy at the end of the Miami Show. Guess I should send her the spray bottles. Didn't remember until I saw your post. Tell her they'll go out Monday morning (with a little something extra).
No big deal, we ended up trying to catch a ride on a boat and had to leave quickly, didnt remember till we got there. While you are sending the spray bottles add to the order a Gallon of the spray wax. If you dont have the CC number from the last order just call Sandy Monday morning. Thanks and have a good weekend. Jeff 228-255-3400 office
Old 04-22-2006, 05:37 PM
Registered

You got it!

Did you make the boat ride?
Old 04-22-2006, 07:39 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Woody Wax on the non-skid is awesome, fast and easy to do. My whole deck above the cabin and the whole center console floor of my 38TE Fountain is all non-skid and with the Woddy Wax I can do the whole boat in less than 25min.
If I just want a quick shine I use either Pledge...yes Pledge...it is cheap and shines up the boat and stainless like you would not believe. Also Mequires Instant Detailer works very very well for a quick wipe down and shine up.
I also have had excellent results with ReJex. If I get a scum line on the boat just hitting it with water knock it right off also less water spots too.

Quick Reply: What's the best Spray and Wipe Fiberglass Boat Cleaner?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.